The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 02:38 PM

franzenangler will become famous soon enoughfranzenangler will become famous soon enough
Default Weekend of Wild Browns In WNC

Well went saturday with my friend to a creek thats heavily fished, it had just stormed and was overcast all day. On my first cast I landed this beast of a wild fish, quite possibly my biggest wild fish ever. It was guesstimated at around 13 inches and the only fish I caught all day, but hey I was happy.

Click the image to open in full size.

Sunday I got out with my dad and our good fishing buddy Mark, and his fishing buddy bear. It was tough fishing only managing 6 fish altogether, but still fun getting out in the woods.

A real scarecrow

Mark with the first fish

bear taking a cracker break

Me passed out in the driveway when we pulled in
Old 05-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weekend of Wild Browns In WNC

franzenangler: Very nice fishing report and some beautiful looking trout! Congrats! Have you had a chance to get started reading Alaska Chronicles yet?

Larry
Old 05-24-2010, 03:12 PM

franzenangler will become famous soon enoughfranzenangler will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
franzenangler: Very nice fishing report and some beautiful looking trout! Congrats! Have you had a chance to get started reading Alaska Chronicles yet?

Larry
Yep, I'm just a little over half way through it.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:16 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

Fished in WNC myself last weekend. Friday in the rain was awesome fishing for sure. Great report and pictures. Thanks!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuramille View Post
Fished in WNC myself last weekend. Friday in the rain was awesome fishing for sure. Great report and pictures. Thanks!!!
what part?
Old 05-25-2010, 08:59 AM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

Ellicott Rock Wilderness for the wild brookies and a few hours at big bend portions of Chatooga. I'm out of Greenville SC so 2 hours gets me to that water and I'm getting to know it a bit to well. I'm open for suggestions of some place else within another hours distance...got any thoughts on that? I need to be able to toss up a tent w/campfire (though burning sticks isn't a priority).

I've been eyeing some of those small streems along the eastern BR parkway as well. What other targets might be up along 107, 28 or on 64.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:28 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Take a gander at this:
WNC Fly Fishing Trail
Put together to promote the area.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:03 AM

Thanks for that! I've looked it over but if the NC areas listed are like the SC areas "promoted" they are not all worth the trip. The hunt and discovery method does have its own appeal though.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:31 PM

I hope I'm not derailing your thread here? Tuckasegee would only be another 20 or so miles on 107...maybe my next stop! Any word or advice on that stretch of river?