The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 12:40 AM

only adipose is a jewel in the roughonly adipose is a jewel in the roughonly adipose is a jewel in the rough
Default Somebody has got to be eating these...

This is my first spring fishing this river. I'm sure these guys show up every year. The river is full of small browns but there has to be a few eating these bad boys, right??? Also these shad are running up from a lake, you think anything else might be following them up???? Either way I will be throwing some big stuff just to be on the safe side..

Old 05-23-2011, 09:02 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: Somebody has got to be eating these...

Throw big white zonkers and and big yellow ones, fish early morning and later in the evening and through dark. We have the same thing here, the dam opens up and its a conveyor belt of shad. Go big, go really big!
Old 05-23-2011, 07:04 PM

diamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to all

I know this is a fly fishing forum and all, but that right there is what spinning tackle was made for!

Depends where you are, but there might be stripers coming up after 'em too.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:49 PM

only adipose is a jewel in the roughonly adipose is a jewel in the roughonly adipose is a jewel in the rough

Nothing decent yet, i gave it to this little one . Well, I did have a carp on that would have went 25lb, but I'm not a carp guy.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:11 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Great little movies adipose...well done.

Dave
Old 05-25-2011, 10:23 AM

rrarods is on a distinguished road

So would you fish for the shad or go after something else? I have a lake near my house that these shad were going off the other night. Not sure what they were eating but I wanted in on the action!

Custom Rods You Can Afford to Fish
www.rollingriveranglers.com
Old 05-25-2011, 11:16 AM

Those are gizzard shad, so the only way to catch them is to snag them. No stripers here either, otherwise i'd have to give them a go...
Old 06-18-2011, 08:43 AM

Click the image to open in full size.

The shad finally started to disappear and guess who was looking for food.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:19 PM

rrarods is on a distinguished road

Awesome! Beauty.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Custom Rods You Can Afford to Fish
www.rollingriveranglers.com
Old 06-21-2011, 04:03 PM

troutslayer has a spectacular aura abouttroutslayer has a spectacular aura about

Nice fish and great videos!!
"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)