The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree322Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2012, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Small stream Stories and Pictures;

Hi Chris,

Congratulations on a good trip, so many times things don't work as we plan and it's a pleasure to see such great results.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-07-2012, 12:15 PM

ritchierich will become famous soon enoughritchierich will become famous soon enough

First time poster on this site. Used to fly fish when I was 12-13 until competitive mountain biking took me away from it. Always missed being on the river. Five years later and Ive been back out for my first trip, and regretting not fishing this whole time. Fished a nice river which was really remote. My cousin and I did not see a sign of anyone the whole day.

Click the image to open in full size.

Didnt catch anything large persay, but the little brookies and browns are just as fun and rewarding I think.

I love this stream, almost feels like you are inside and alone with the river when its surrounded by thick brush.
wt bash likes this.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:49 PM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchierich View Post
First time poster on this site. Used to fly fish when I was 12-13 until competitive mountain biking took me away from it. Always missed being on the river. Five years later and Ive been back out for my first trip, and regretting not fishing this whole time. Fished a nice river which was really remote. My cousin and I did not see a sign of anyone the whole day.

Didnt catch anything large persay, but the little brookies and browns are just as fun and rewarding I think.

I love this stream, almost feels like you are inside and alone with the river when its surrounded by thick brush.

Welcome to the forum Ritchierich! Happy to have you join us. I share your mentality...the small streams are my favorite and I feel that they make the fishing much more intimate and relaxing.
Glad to see you've finally picked up a rod again and looking forward to hearing more about your adventures.

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...
Old 06-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Ritchi,

Welcome to the group, I catch a lot of small fish too but enjoy being out there just like you.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-07-2012, 10:24 PM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future

Nice to see a new face on the forum. Pretty little stream but isn't that what it's really all about! Nice post!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 06-08-2012, 12:29 PM

ritchierich will become famous soon enoughritchierich will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the positive welcome. I look forward to more fishing and more posts!
Old 06-08-2012, 08:55 PM

comeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud of

Nice pics of a nice place, I could walk in there with a sandwich, gatorade and a fly rod and have 12 hours fly by like nothing.

In my opinion solitude and small brookies = a fantastic day

elbow to elbow combat fishing for big ones = no fun
Old 06-09-2012, 06:39 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Old 06-09-2012, 07:06 PM

Mnflyfish is a jewel in the roughMnflyfish is a jewel in the roughMnflyfish is a jewel in the rough

Awesome video...thanks for sharing!
Old 06-25-2012, 08:55 PM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough

Here is one of my favorite small creeks. I've caught fish out of this little creek all year long. There are some nice ones even. I don't think anyone really fishes it. I looked it up on montana's FWP and it says there's no fish in it. That always helps keep people away.

I will post another creek tomorrow. I had to ride 15 miles to it on bike today but it was worth it.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com