The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree322Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 10:51 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Small stream Stories and Pictures;

That is my favorite kind of creek! be careful not to tell anyone about it by name. By the way, you don't have to photo those fish to have me believe you I'll take your word.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-25-2012, 11:34 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Small stream stories and pictures and... video? milt.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:32 AM

branjg has a spectacular aura aboutbranjg has a spectacular aura aboutbranjg has a spectacular aura about

Here are a few pictures from one of my favorites...

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:06 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Dang Milt, nice little brownies in that creek! I just watched all your vimeo vids, the "untitled" from 1 week ago, that looked like really nice fish on the nymph. What was it?
Old 06-26-2012, 12:52 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks D! That was a rainbow that hit that nymph, quite the strike for a ten inch fish. I also had one move downstream about ten feet and smash a Micro May right in front of me as I lifted it toward the surface, but did not have the camera running. I wanna trade places with Branjg for a day! milt.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:59 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by milt spawn View Post
Thanks D! That was a rainbow that hit that nymph, quite the strike for a ten inch fish. I also had one move downstream about ten feet and smash a Micro May right in front of me as I lifted it toward the surface, but did not have the camera running. I wanna trade places with Branjg for a day! milt.
That fish looked a lot bigger when it rolled in front of your camera the last time...but then there was nothing to put in relation to it.

Are you filming yourself while fishing? That must be tricky.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
That fish looked a lot bigger when it rolled in front of your camera the last time...but then there was nothing to put in relation to it.

Are you filming yourself while fishing? That must be tricky.
He was just ornery! I have a small blogger HD vidcam with a small GorillaPod and a homemade bite mount that I use for the hands free. Very light and very inexpensive. I shall try to load up some more this afternoon. milt.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:20 PM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold

branjg, that looks like my kind of fishing. Beautiful place and beautiful fish!

Question for you, my bro is moving to Colorado Springs (army) and I might need to visit him. Any good trout fishing there? PM me if you want.

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
Old 06-26-2012, 09:36 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Bran, I cant decide if you're fishing at a movie set or the scene for a fly fishing photo shoot, but I want to be there!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 06-26-2012, 10:37 PM

branjg has a spectacular aura aboutbranjg has a spectacular aura aboutbranjg has a spectacular aura about

Mr10004, I wish I could help you but I haven't ever fished in that area. I believe there are many places to fish around there (within an hour or two). I would suggest checking with the local shops or maybe checking with some of the guys on this forum. As of now I think there are 32,000 people evacuated due to the Waldo fire in that area. It is extremely dried out, and needs rain badly!

And yes, I am very fortunate with the areas and streams/rivers I am able to fish, just hoping they will still be running in the late summer.