The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree534Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 10:44 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Small stream Stories and Pictures;

This clip has some mild language. I landed the fish at the yella spot. milt.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:01 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Milt, the first thing that popped into my head when I saw you hooked up and way off the water was a combination of a net and a golf ball retriever, haha. By the way, was that one of the fishpimp football indicators? Im a fan of them!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 06-26-2012, 11:39 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
Milt, the first thing that popped into my head when I saw you hooked up and way off the water was a combination of a net and a golf ball retriever, haha. By the way, was that one of the fishpimp football indicators? Im a fan of them!
Nah, just yarn treated with some goo. The difficulty lies in the polished granite, it's super slick even when it's dry. I really miss my aluminum studded boots, they would grip this rock. If I had more time I would have taken a swim in this pool, but I had a long way back out. Mebbe next time. milt
Old 06-27-2012, 12:35 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Should ajust jumped, it didnt look that far and the water seemed deep enough HA!

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 07-01-2012, 05:32 PM

ritchierich will become famous soon enoughritchierich will become famous soon enough

Prepare to be bombarded with photos. I rode a gnarly trail on my mtb today and brought along my camera and fly rod, was happy I did.

The Trail i rode in on and some Canyon views

It was about a 40min ride in on an old fishermans trail, didn't see a single person or trace of anyone. Good times. River started slow and wide, and after an ancient damn it turned into a fast flowing canyon creek.

Caught nothing except little wild rainbows, must have landed 15. Its fun though on the little creek with my 0wt.

Its always nice when I can ride to such beautiful spots, mountainbiking and fly fishing are my two favourite things!
stl_geoff and fishin_magician like this.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
Should ajust jumped, it didnt look that far and the water seemed deep enough HA!
See the splash? milt. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Just Beautiful!

And I mean all of them from Everyone!

Milt, I made the thread a Sticky

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-12-2012, 07:17 PM

With nearly 15 thousand views and over 200 replies I thought it was due time. Great thread Ard! milt.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:26 PM

fishingfly will become famous soon enough

Thats one for each of the last two spots. That is as far back as I am going tonight... I have to pace myself and get some sleep. I have fished a place similiar to that of milt, but I did not get the pleasure of having that challenge. The next spot is absolutely amazing. I would never ask you to spill the exact location, but where about is that small stream, Ritchierich. In fact If I where you I would do anything to keep a place like that quiet.

Make sure to like our facebook page for a chance to win free flies!
Old 07-16-2012, 09:19 AM

Poke 'Em is a jewel in the roughPoke 'Em is a jewel in the roughPoke 'Em is a jewel in the roughPoke 'Em is a jewel in the rough

I hit a couple of little streams in Wyoming over the weekend. Pretty much every hole was loaded with cutts. I pulled four out of this spot:

This hole gave up a nice one too: