The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree525Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Small stream Stories and Pictures;

Looks nice there Bill; warm. Water seems low but you've got the right rod for the spot. I hope you'll post some more as you get them.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-05-2012, 03:11 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

You should have seen it last week! It wasn't flowing at half that. Combine that with muzzle loader season...lets just say it wasn't a good idea. I was hoping Sandy would have helped the flows but it had already dropped fast. Its looking like the week isn't going to see much rainfall in that area so I'll stick to the samll valley streams and have some inside info on another undisclosed Limestoner that has little to nothing written on it.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:22 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

Winter season is around the corner for us here in Minnesota. I think small streams in the winter time are about as beautiful it can get.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:35 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

^^^^ Looks familiar

Old 12-04-2012, 04:23 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Itch, what fishing pack is that? Looks interesting! Ted and Itch, next time I'm in that area, I would LOVE to get out on that water.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 12-04-2012, 04:34 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

All you've got to do is let me know. Good times are always had on the small streams over here.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:44 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
Itch, what fishing pack is that? Looks interesting! Ted and Itch, next time I'm in that area, I would LOVE to get out on that water.
it's a wright & mcgill.. I'm willing to part with it if you're interested.. the two chest packs can be slid onto a wading belt and turned into a fanny pack for the most part.. lot of storage.. even has a rain fly on the backpack.. think I paid $90 for it.. make an offer if you're interested.. it's just collecting dust now..

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

also like Ted said.. We can take you out any time.. we've named this stream "Dr Feelgood" because you can literally hit it any day of the year and guarantee not to get skunked

I also have a couch you could crash on if need be
Old 12-04-2012, 05:16 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I'll keep you guys posted. I'm not in the market for a new pack just yet, but I did like the look of that one. Saw the fish logo and thought it was Wright & McGill but wasn't sure. I'll give you guys a heads-up if I'm going to be in the area, always love to fis new spots. And thanks for the couch offer, never against couch-surfing.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 12-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Business Member

patagoniaaustralff is on a distinguished road

This is my place on earth, Estancia Rio Pelke belongs to my family, for generations, and this year I´m openning for fishermen. I´ve seen so many small stream in this forum that I almost die!! It´s my first post and I don´t even know how to put the images... haha!!

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...-j00-3491.html
http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...-j00-3432.html
http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...-j00-3530.html
http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...03-jpgweb.html

Last edited by patagoniaaustralff; 12-04-2012 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Adding images
Old 12-04-2012, 08:18 PM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough

Ive gotta say I'm kinda jealous you guys are still fishing small streams in winter. At the same time I only really fish them in the summer to get away from the traffic on our rivers that doesn't exist in the winter.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com