The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree501Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Small stream Stories and Pictures;

Hi Troy,

The thing is, it's spring time where that fellows at right now.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-04-2012, 10:22 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutwhisperer View Post
Ive gotta say I'm kinda jealous you guys are still fishing small streams in winter. At the same time I only really fish them in the summer to get away from the traffic on our rivers that doesn't exist in the winter.
right now it's kinda a pita.. as I have to drive to Iowa to do any trout fishing right now.. in 26 days that all changes..
Old 12-05-2012, 07:05 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
right now it's kinda a pita.. as I have to drive to Iowa to do any trout fishing right now.. in 26 days that all changes..
Only if the Maya were wrong and the end of the world as we know it does not come on 12/21/12. (With apologies to REM) milt.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:56 AM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Was nice to finally get streamside after a couple weeks of not being able to get out... would have made for an even better day had I caught anything.. But that's just how it goes sometimes..

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:49 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

I was all up in here last week. milt. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:51 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

That's beautiful Milt. Would be fishing a small stream tomorrow were it not for coursework...

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 12-17-2012, 07:37 PM

trial153 is on a distinguished road

Super thread and pictures!!
Old 12-28-2012, 03:51 PM

fishiowa has a spectacular aura aboutfishiowa has a spectacular aura aboutfishiowa has a spectacular aura about

Getting me in the mood to head out this weekend. Photo is from December 31, 2010 but it is what I expect to see.

And dreaming of better (more comfortable) times. Here is the same stretch in late summer.

jpbfly, madjoni, cattech89 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by fishiowa; 12-28-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:01 PM

mista_bob is on a distinguished road
Arrow Re: Small stream Stories and Pictures;

A couple different small streams I fish out here in Idaho...

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

One more.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:46 AM

mista_bob is on a distinguished road
Arrow Re: Small stream Stories and Pictures;

Kokanee Salmon in a local small creek...

jpbfly likes this.