The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree524Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Small stream Stories and Pictures;

Click the image to open in full size.
Two streams I fished last week....beautiful but ruined by poachers and meaters....unacceptable
Old 06-18-2013, 02:22 PM

bear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
Nice stretch of water...I wish I could find some that looked like that here, everything is flooded to the max right now. It just wont stop raining.
I think we've had 10 or 11 inches just in the month of June, this little brook is high but fish-able, the rivers and bigger streams are like chocolate milk right now.

Quote:
Two streams I fished last week....beautiful but ruined by poachers and meaters....unacceptable
Really nice looking water, its hard to believe people could destroy such a beautiful fishery.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:23 PM

bear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of light

A few more from this morning.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:28 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Great photos, bear. I haven't caught a brookie in so long I don't remember the last one. I may have to go on a quest one of these hot summer days to the upper reaches.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:07 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
heres one of my spots

never seen another soul here.

casey
May it always be so.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:49 PM

mirabelasunshine is just really nicemirabelasunshine is just really nicemirabelasunshine is just really nicemirabelasunshine is just really nice

Been away for a month and got to fish some neat places, but still it's awesome to be back on my home water. Got out for a few hours yesterday afternoon and caught 6 rainbows and 1 brookie, largest fish about 15". Took another pass at midday today and brought in 10 rainbows and two brookies, including another 15" and this tough 16 incher, largest trout I've ever caught in this stream. I seem to be catching on ...

Hardyreels and mcnerney like this.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:17 PM

The weather cooled off this weekend, I fished all day.

With the beaver pups full grown I finally got to fish the outlet without getting harassed, it was loaded with fish.

They weren't big, but it was nice.

Last edited by bear 007; 08-12-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:40 AM

We've gotten another 3" of rain, looks like I'm done on the river for this year.

I had thought the trico fishing was done due to an earlier frost, I guess I was wrong. They are small but still allot of fun on a 6'6" 2wt.

https://vimeo.com/74041455
milt spawn likes this.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:30 PM

Poke 'Em is a jewel in the roughPoke 'Em is a jewel in the roughPoke 'Em is a jewel in the roughPoke 'Em is a jewel in the rough

Old 09-14-2013, 09:57 AM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light

A lot of the small streams in the White Mountains of NH were made more difficult by Hurricane Irene a couple of summers ago.

In some places there are so many fallen trees in the woods that you really can't walk through them. The only way in or out is along the stream.

But even the streams can be tough:

Last edited by plecain; 09-14-2013 at 07:31 PM.