The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree534Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Small stream Stories and Pictures;

Eva the owner of the Forelle Lodge allowed us to fish this little gem last summer....it's a real "privilège"
Click the image to open in full size.
Nico was in paradise
Old 12-08-2013, 08:25 AM

bear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
Eva the owner of the Forelle Lodge allowed us to fish this little gem last summer....it's a real "privilège"
What a beautiful spot.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:44 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Weather was too nice not to drive to Iowa today...

Old 12-18-2013, 10:16 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

I need to get out and do small streams soon. I'll just have to stick to the urban ponds for now

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 01-01-2014, 06:58 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

1st of the year! That means Winter C&R here in Minnesota... 3 month break of no trout fishing starts at the end of September... Which leaves me with Iowa for 3 months... It's good to finally be able to fish my waters again! Even if it was only 5F...

Old 01-01-2014, 11:06 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
1st of the year! That means Winter C&R here in Minnesota... 3 month break of no trout fishing starts at the end of September... Which leaves me with Iowa for 3 months... It's good to finally be able to fish my waters again! Even if it was only 5F...

Very nice fish and nothing like some winter fishing, I'm hoping to get out soon and do some more though we are set to go below zero again next week. The streams close to home are probably locking up though Saturday I may have to walk the closest stream and see for myself how much is iced up. Going to be a summery 24 degrees.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:41 AM

Highs of -9 just means you're guaranteed to have any and all water to yourself
Old 01-03-2014, 05:22 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

Got out today with itchmesir. It was a cold, windy day. But was the first chance I'd had to look at some of our local streams since the big cold snap. We bounced around a few different county roads and did some scouting, and finally stopped to fish at a section of nice looking water to try our luck. Unfortunately, we didn't have luck on our side today. What we did have, however, was some howling winds and brutal wind chill to contend with. Even with that, it was still fun to get out for a few hours for the first time in 2014.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:34 PM

Damn that was quick!

Clearly I just look like I'm fishing... Though I'm pretty sure my line is somewhere on the snow after a 20mph gust!

We'll have to try again on Monday... Prime conditions... Highs of -12 and wind chill of only -50... Trout should be highly active
Old 01-13-2014, 09:45 PM

Started the day off at one of my favorite streams... Unfortunately it was frozen solid up and down steam... After an uneventful hike... I headed back to the car... Not to be duped... I went to the big stream to catch a couple of the more eager... Dumber... Fish. Not much for size but they still put up a great fight on the 3wt