The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree450Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2011, 12:46 PM

cpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Small stream Stories and Pictures;

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbymojo View Post
Great trhead and I loe seeing everyone's pictures.

I have to admit that I have never seen someone fish in pink Crocks. Judging by what she was pulling out of the water perhaps I should give that a try.

Bob
Crocs are the best for wet wading small streams. You are careful of where you put your feet!

They really are good though for wading. The rubber is very soft and quite nonslip on the rocks. I do suggest the strap be around the back. They are a bugger to retrieve out of the mud though!

Mine are blue, but judging from the success of pink I may have to pick up a pair in that color.

Nice post. Great stream, especially for Arizona. Hard to find one not overrun with people. Seddona area is amazing color country.

Be sure and see Bryce, Cedar Breaks, and Zions too on one of your trips.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:50 AM

creeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of light

Shane, great report! Welcome to the board and put up some UK photo's. I lived in Suffolk County as a teenager and loved fishing there.

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

This thread is still rockin'.... Just got back from a Sierra's trip with the trusty 1wt. Here's a couple of pics.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

That stream is a beautyI wish I could fish such beautiful places more often(love the 5th pic!!!)
Old 09-26-2011, 03:16 PM

wetboot is on a distinguished road

I keep this photo on my desk at work for inspiration:

On the wife's family ranch in MT
Old 09-26-2011, 09:21 PM

diamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpiercem View Post
Crocs are the best for wet wading small streams. You are careful of where you put your feet!

They really are good though for wading. The rubber is very soft and quite nonslip on the rocks. I do suggest the strap be around the back. They are a bugger to retrieve out of the mud though!
They're definitely working for you! But I love my wet-wading boots. My brother, who is a captain in the U.S. Air Forces, got me a pair of flight-surfaces rated combat boots for Christmas last year. That means they're rated to be worn on the deck of C-130 while its wet and in flight. Needless to say, they've got the best wet-traction you could ever hope for. Plus if I don't feel like getting wet, they're gortex lined so I can wade up to 10" without getting wet.

Perfect for small streams, and it means I can wade in my favorite streams in January in Minnesota without waders. I love small streams in winter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeker View Post
Sierras
I am very jealous. Nice stream, nice pics, and nice trout.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:00 AM

boobies will become famous soon enoughboobies will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbymojo View Post
Great trhead and I loe seeing everyone's pictures.

I have to admit that I have never seen someone fish in pink Crocks. Judging by what she was pulling out of the water perhaps I should give that a try.

Bob
Hi Bob - and hi to everyone on the forum here.

Thank you so much for your kind words, we had some amazing fishing

Those Pink Crocs are legendary here in the UK too... I had black crocs on, and caught around 9, Collette my wife had around 15 or so fish, so I'm with you all on this one... it's the Pink Crocs, not the skill!!!

Those Crocs are coming back to Palm Springs in California next May/June, so look out! I've had some fansastic feedback from a couple of guys re the fishing in that region... but please feel free to point us in the right direction is you would be so kind. Any advise would be very welcome.

Kind regards.

Shane
Old 09-28-2011, 08:51 AM

latshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura about

you guys really do live in some stunning places, I hope that someday i will be able to wade a stream like that with the rockies on the horizon
Old 09-28-2011, 09:58 AM

sedgehammer will become famous soon enoughsedgehammer will become famous soon enough

Awesome posts guys, definitely envious of some of those spots. I live in south central Canada and we lack in the numbers of trout streams. This year has been tough for the rivers; being that is was driest summer on record and many of our small streams are barely trickling. Have had to focus more on the stillwaters...nothing wrong with that...just miss whipping around the 3 wt.

This spot never fails to hand over a nice brook trout in the spring

My first fish ever from this small stream, definitely got me addicted to fishing small streams.

My biggest rainbow out of this stream, chunkiest stream-dwelling pig

Old 09-28-2011, 10:56 AM

boobies will become famous soon enoughboobies will become famous soon enough

...envious of the US streams living in Canada with those brookies and rainbows??? they were awesome - was there a Tiger Trout in there also I seen???
Old 09-28-2011, 06:41 PM

creeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of light

Yep, a tiger trout. I'm already singing "O, Canada...."