The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 09:00 AM

franzenangler will become famous soon enoughfranzenangler will become famous soon enough
Default Great Way To Start Off The Week

Well I left Lenoir Sunday night to stay with my sister up at App state. I fished a local hatchery stream that has a very high holdover rate and lots of wild fish. I stayed until Wednesday night catching around 40, and LDR'ing about the same amount. The weather was a little ridiculous, flash flood warnings... actually got caught up in a couple... and 85 degree weather. I was fishing with my three weight throwing a dry/dropper/dropper rig. No huge ones but I did hook into a 20 inch brown and after about 40 seconds he threw the hook. All the bows I caught jumped clear out of the water, it was awesome.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:32 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Great Way To Start Off The Week

Chris: Nice trip report and photos, looks like you had a good time on the water, congrats!

Larry
Old 06-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

That is a pretty stream Chris, I fished a small one yesterday and had a good time of it. I took pictures of a couple fish and some of the stream. I will put a thread together soon.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-17-2010, 11:29 AM

franzenangler will become famous soon enoughfranzenangler will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
That is a pretty stream Chris, I fished a small one yesterday and had a good time of it. I took pictures of a couple fish and some of the stream. I will put a thread together soon.
Glad to hear you got out Ard. and yeah those small streams are my favorite.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:47 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

Great report and pics....and what a georgious little stream. "heaven on earth"