The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 08:35 PM

troutslayer has a spectacular aura abouttroutslayer has a spectacular aura about
Default Good Day on the River Today!

Yesterday I had a brown swat at my fly early and later I went back to this 'run' and he was still there and took the fly but quickly spit it out. I went back this morning to try again and on the second cast I had a 13" brown on! Fished another small hole where a fish had outsmarted me lately and got him, a nice little brookie. Went to a deep hole way down the river and picked up a rainbow, two brook trout and another brown. Altogether two browns, three brookies and one rainbow. At the deep hole on the other side about 25 yards a fish splashed at my fly several times at different intervals but wouldn't take it. I was determined to see what it was so before I left I tried again and wham! Those little brookies sure make a splash like a big fish! Here is one of the brookies and one of the browns.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)
Old 07-28-2011, 08:46 PM

tyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to all
Default Re: Good Day on the River Today!

Great looking fish! Fishing for brookies is a blast. I some times get caught up with chasing browns and forget how much fun the brookies can be.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:17 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

those brookie is sure pretty fish
Old 07-28-2011, 10:05 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Pictures like that make me wonder why some people say they don't get trout fishing. Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-28-2011, 10:27 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Great colors on the brown. The brookies test me as they are so hard to keep on the hook.

Dave
Old 07-29-2011, 08:25 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Nice day Slayer. Brookies are a blast. Those little guys will slam a big stimi almost as big as they are. Good stuff.

Yat's Blog: http://pleinaircolorado.blogspot.com/
Old 08-01-2011, 04:09 PM

rockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nice

Brookies are my favorite here in the U.P.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:31 AM

CaBrit is on a distinguished road

Wow - that Brook trout is a beautiful fish - well done!
Old 08-03-2011, 08:15 AM

Krebster is on a distinguished road

Those are some really nice fish...Congrats
Old 08-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi,

I finally found the pictures I've been going back to the new thread to see if you were going to post the pictures then I figured it out.

Nice catches there,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;