The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 04:05 PM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light
Default Green River Trip

Just got back from my first trip to the Green River. The fishing was much different than I am used to on the Wind River in Wyoming. I was very surprised when the first fish I caught out of the Green River was actually a lake trout. along with the next two. I have also never seen whitefish rise to a dry fly, but I managed to catch about a dozen of them. I camped up by the Green River lakes and on saturday I made the 40 mile trip down to the Warren Bridge section of the Green. I caught a few fish there, with the biggest being a brown going around 14 inches. The biggest fish of the trip was a rainbow I caught this morning, he was right around 21 inches. The first lake trout picture is 20-21 inches. Overall it was a fun weekend, with several fish and several surprises. I'll let the pictures say the rest.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:16 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Re: Green River Trip

Sounds like you had a great trip. Nice photos too. I've caught a couple of lakers in the green over the years. River down by warren bridge really cleared up on Friday so I'm not surprised it fished well for you!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 08-07-2011, 04:16 PM

cpiercem is a splendid one to beholdcpiercem is a splendid one to beholdcpiercem is a splendid one to beholdcpiercem is a splendid one to beholdcpiercem is a splendid one to beholdcpiercem is a splendid one to beholdcpiercem is a splendid one to behold

Beautiful fish and river. I have caught lots of whitefish on drys, but I haven't ever caught a lake trout in a river yet. Are the lake trout swimming down the river from the lakes? Great trip report!
Old 08-07-2011, 04:42 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Great pictures, and what a campsite! Looks like an excellent riverside meal as well.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 08-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Dude,

You are living right! The pic of the can of beans and the fish brought back some memories

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-07-2011, 05:32 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Ard beat me to it, but man...Does it get any better than a plate of fish and cold pork n beans. If someone asked me to describe summer, I would show them your picture.

The pictures tell me you had a great time and I appreciate you sharing them with us.

Dave
Old 08-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

SdDryFly: Congrats on a great trip, thanks for sharing! Beautiful country up there!

Larry

Old 08-21-2011, 03:54 PM

rockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to all

Sounds like a perfect trip with that supper.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:39 PM

cochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant future

Thing about a chogey on the dry is...the presentation had to be right or he wont get it in his little kisser.

Nice Pics! BenT!!