The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2011, 11:00 AM

franzenangler will become famous soon enoughfranzenangler will become famous soon enough
Default A couple of my recent outings

Well I've been hitting a stream pretty hard lately. It's small water, but I have found six bows over 20 inches and a couple browns 18+, I know exactly which hole they are in and where they lie. So I took dad with me ccause I wanted to see him land one of these pigs. We lost a few and brought one piggy to hand. I was using a 4 weight and a 6" inch sreamer and with no back cast room I had to physically throw the fly o the fish and he readily ate in clear water.

Click the image to open in full size.

Well Monday was my friend's last day to fish before he headed off to school so I took him to the same creek dad and I had fished. He had a blast landing his biggest bow yet at 22" on a size 16 ant. I found some willing browns here and there including one in a feeder creek that has been haunting me for quite some time.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:29 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: A couple of my recent outings

great pics!
thank you for sharing.

casey

ARFE
Old 08-19-2011, 11:55 AM

cromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nice

Good stuff! Those browns are very colorful, lots of character .
Old 08-19-2011, 12:21 PM

troutslayer has a spectacular aura abouttroutslayer has a spectacular aura about

Great looking fish! Congrats! Looks like some nice water too! Reminds me of the Savage River that I fish quite often! Thanks for sharing your outings with us!
"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)
Old 08-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I've been wondering where you've been. Good to see you post,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-19-2011, 05:44 PM

rockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nice

Nice trout.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:05 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Nice fish! That looks like one monster streamer in that one straight-on picture.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 08-20-2011, 01:20 PM

wishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enoughwishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enough

Nice catches, it's nice living on the CA delta but alot of the time I wish I were closer to trout waters.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:27 PM

cpiercem is just really nicecpiercem is just really nicecpiercem is just really nicecpiercem is just really nicecpiercem is just really nice

Beautiful stream and awesome fish! Those are monsters for such a small stream. Thanks for sharing the pictures are wonderful.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:57 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

I wish my lil creek produced fish like that. too cool. photography is good also.