The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 11:30 AM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold
Default Tried something new, and now I have a new favorite

Well, browns are still my favorite, maybe they are tied for favorite. Anyways, had a great trip and I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
Click the image to open in full size.
Can you spot the brookie?

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
Old 08-29-2011, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tried something new, and now I have a new favorite

Absolutely beautiful stream and fishmust be a delight to fish when it's hot...
Old 08-29-2011, 11:45 AM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold

It definitely was a cool break from the heat. The hike in was a little toasty, but once I got in the water, I leveled back out.

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
Old 08-29-2011, 11:56 AM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

What a beautiful little stream. I have yet to get to one of those this year but the little Brookies in plunge pools beckons. Thanks!
Old 08-29-2011, 12:53 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

My favorite little spot is totally blown out at the moment (as is every other bit of running water within 50 or 100 miles), but I'm glad someone is enjoying there's. Nice photos!
Gary
Old 08-29-2011, 03:29 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Great looking stream and trout! That looks well worth the hike to get in there.

Larry

Old 08-29-2011, 04:25 PM

cpiercem is a splendid one to beholdcpiercem is a splendid one to beholdcpiercem is a splendid one to beholdcpiercem is a splendid one to beholdcpiercem is a splendid one to beholdcpiercem is a splendid one to beholdcpiercem is a splendid one to behold

A feast for the eyes!
Old 08-29-2011, 04:40 PM

troutslayer has a spectacular aura abouttroutslayer has a spectacular aura about

Beautiful pictures! Nice fish pics too! I am a big brown fan but gotta love those brookies too, they are beautifully colored fish!
"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)
Old 08-29-2011, 05:08 PM

swampdonkey is a jewel in the roughswampdonkey is a jewel in the roughswampdonkey is a jewel in the rough

I'm with you gt05254.....I drove up to my new favorite little brook trout stream to find class five rapids. Unbelievable amount of water in the Northeast right now. I'm out of luck for a few days. Everyone else enjoy your small streams while you can.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:21 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

thats a great looking stream and some pretty trout!
nice job

casey

ARFE