The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 10:15 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice
Default do i have any hope?

I live in south floirda and i really wanna get into some trout fishing is there any sort of trout in florida?
Old 08-29-2011, 10:17 PM

okuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to okuma
Default Re: do i have any hope?

Freshwater trout? None I know of. However, I lived in south Florida a while and the peacock bass fishing was great at Everglades Holiday Park. If by chance, you live near Bass Pro (by Lauderdale airport), they may be able to guide you with more info.

Last edited by okuma; 08-30-2011 at 06:24 AM.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:28 AM

possessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nice

I would think northern Georgia would be your closest trout, but not sure.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:01 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Speckled trout is all we've got, but you've gotta go to saltwater for them!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 08-31-2011, 09:14 AM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

I wish i could trade you a weeks worth of trout fishing in Oregon for a weeks worth of your Tarpon, Bonefish and Permit...
Old 08-31-2011, 01:44 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vans View Post
I wish i could trade you a weeks worth of trout fishing in Oregon for a weeks worth of your Tarpon, Bonefish and Permit...
If that trade doesn't work for you, how about a week in Minnesota?
Old 08-31-2011, 04:28 PM

rockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to all

It looks like ther is some hope if your willing to travel. Sounds like a win-win situation to me.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:31 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:39 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I believe the thought process here is: "A picture is worth 1000 words..." Haha, thanks Rip! Dan, I'll put you on some fish in Florida if you'll get me on some Northerns like that monster you just caught

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 08-31-2011, 07:36 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

As long as you are adept at musky hunting there are some possibilities.