The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 01:11 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default Steelhead from this spring!

Haven't posted much this year haven't been fly fishing as much because I live right on Lake Erie and have been fishing on my neighbors boat catching perch and walleye. Here's some pix of the steel I caught this year. The big one was the biggest I have got at 33 inches and at least 13 lbs.
Click the image to open in full size.

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:28 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Steelhead from this spring!

Some nice steelies, and a nice waterfall to boot!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

McFly: Good to her from you, I been wondering what you have been up to! Drop in more often, we have been missing you! Congrats on some outstanding steelies!

Larry

Old 09-02-2011, 09:21 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

beautiful fish!
thanks for sharing

casey

ARFE
Old 09-02-2011, 10:00 AM

schaef is on a distinguished road

Hey! I know where that cliff is!!

Very nice fish, got to love those spring steelies in the erie tribs. I live in the same area so I'll probably see ya on the river this fall.

Good luck and good fishing!
Old 09-02-2011, 10:34 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Just out of curiosity, what state are you guys fishing in? I'll be fishing for steelies in WNY.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-02-2011, 12:51 PM

schaef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
Just out of curiosity, what state are you guys fishing in? I'll be fishing for steelies in WNY.
Northeastern Ohio, any of the main rivers and tributaries.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:25 PM

Alright, I haul through close to there on my way back and forth from Louisville. Maybe I'll stop by some time, if you guys will have me

Old 09-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Hey George good to see you back-- and those are some great fish, congrats on getting them.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:07 PM

rockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of light

That's some nice looking fish.