The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2011, 11:54 AM

sedgehammer will become famous soon enoughsedgehammer will become famous soon enough
Default How 'bout them Tiger(or Hybrid) Trout pics

Beautiful hybrid trout that we catch up here in Manitoba, Canada on a small stillwater.

Click the image to open in full size.

Have a couple lurking around in a local stream too.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How 'bout them Tiger(or Hybrid) Trout pics

Those are beatiful Trout, and very nice photos. Welcome to the forum.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:11 PM

sedgehammer will become famous soon enoughsedgehammer will become famous soon enough

Thanks Dan, looks like a great website.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:22 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Sedge...What is the cross, brown & brookie? Whatever the cross it makes a beautiful fish. Hope to be seeing more pics and stories from your neck of the woods.

Dave
Old 09-16-2011, 02:02 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

those are some great looking fish!
welcome to the forum

casey

ARFE
Old 09-16-2011, 03:47 PM

cpiercem is just really nicecpiercem is just really nicecpiercem is just really nicecpiercem is just really nice

Those are amazing! I can never get over the variety of markings on the Tiger trout, but they are all sure beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I may have to take a trip to a neighboring state to catch a few of those myself!
Old 09-16-2011, 08:42 PM

tmorrow is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the photos. To tell the truth, I have never seen or heard of those before. Beautiful fish.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:54 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Welcome, and like everyone has said, those are some beautiful fish! It never ceases to amaze me the beautiful patterns I get to see while out enjoying my favorite hobby!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-20-2011, 11:17 AM

Cool Hand Hodge has a spectacular aura aboutCool Hand Hodge has a spectacular aura aboutCool Hand Hodge has a spectacular aura about

Very pretty...what are they a cross between?
Old 09-20-2011, 12:53 PM

BROOK TROUT x BROWN TROUT

As I understand, tiger trout are a hybrid that may occur in nature on the rare occassion, or can also be produced in the hatcheries by using the milt from a male brook trout and the eggs from a brown trout.

Here in Manitoba they are stocked by fisheries. However, they have only seemed to thrive in the one lake, Twin Lakes. If you're ever up near Roblin, Manitoba give it a gander...
They can be aggressive at times hitting surface caddis, backswimmers, poppers and mouse patterns.