The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2011, 02:06 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of
Default Stressed and Low Water

It has been a couple of weeks since i got to fish with work my stress level has been up and then my son in football and the up coming hunting season has seen that i'm busy with having to build a stand that the loggers tore down that had been there 16 yrs and it was my dads where he killed his first deer and where my son killed his first at age 7.Well i got one built back and on sat. we hauled it and the tractor to sow our foodplots 3hrs to GA. and got it all put when my dad who will be 64 next decides we are going back home he has things to do on Sunday, so i have drove down there worked all day and now drive back home making it a 14hr day but hey we are ready for hunting season.So Sunday finds me needing to let go of some stress so i decide to hit the water and just throw some flies.I decided to not try for big fish but to just fish and right of the bat i got a couple rainbows on a Rainbow Warrior then added a Hares Ear Nymph and it picked up,little farther upstream i switched the top fly to a hopper i created out of foam and kept on the nymphs.Well i'm fishing this nice pool and thinking why have i not seen a fish here and in kind of a daze just relaxing when i see a shadow start for the hopper and this brown just nailed it .He was 15"
Click the image to open in full size.
Then a little farther upstream i got this nice 12"brown on a GRHE.
Click the image to open in full size..
Now i'm back at work thinking about my trip Oct.1st with my buddy hunting but also i need to go back fishing bad.I want to retire o well someday...
Old 09-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stressed and Low Water

Fishing is for sure the best medicine against stressNice fish
Old 09-19-2011, 03:30 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

fly fishing is certainly a fine way to get ones mind off of the stresses of everyday life.
it was my savior many times during my final year at college

casey

ARFE
Old 09-19-2011, 03:49 PM

swampdonkey has a spectacular aura aboutswampdonkey has a spectacular aura about

I have found that fly fishing is really the only thing that truly calms me after spending 21 days aboard my ship (I'm an engineer and work at sea for 21 days then home for 21). Something about standing in a river completely changes my mood and according to my wife makes me more bearable to be around. Therefore she tells me to go fishing the first day I get home...every time.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:45 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Stim, the calming effect is so true. Nice fish! And Swampdonkey, that sounds like your wife has the best prescription, much better than choking down some foul-tasting syrup or something

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-20-2011, 08:33 PM

troutslayer has a spectacular aura abouttroutslayer has a spectacular aura about

Nice looking fish, congratulations! Sorry about your stress levels lately but time on the river should certainly help!
"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)