The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 01:21 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of
Default Fall Fishing at Home

Well Sunday came with a cool sunrise and a temp.of 41 on my porch .My cousins in for the passing of our Uncle had took off to Cherokee to fish and asked me to go but i said no .I really wanted to fish so i told the gf(Ann) i thought i would just walk down and fish up the creek that runs through our property.Well we put on our waders and she grabbed her camera.This time of year here in WNC you can count on leaves in the water and falling in while fishing.It was real windy one of those days where you throw the fly left so it will blow to the right spot.Well things didnt start off good.So Ann took some pics.
Click the image to open in full size..
Looking from our bottom up the mountain.

Click the image to open in full size.
Then things started picking up some and i got this nice brown.
We got some 3 more rainbow from this pool.
Ann got her first in a dry fly she has got them on nymphs before.
Was not a bad day think we got 22 to hand.Here are some more pics.
Was a good day
Old 10-17-2011, 01:24 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Fall Fishing at Home

I'd say it was a great - and probably much needed and well-deserved - day!
Gary
Old 10-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Great photos, thanks for sharing.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:46 PM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all

Excellent pics! You have a beautiful area right in your backyard...
Thanks for taking the time to share them.

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...
Old 10-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the others, you definietely had a great day catching some gorgeous trout and the fall colors are just great!

Larry

Old 10-17-2011, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful place...lucky you to have such a lovely creek running through your property
Old 10-20-2011, 07:40 PM

possessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nice

I can't believe you actually have a trout stream on your property, I am very jealous.

Nice looking fish, too.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:31 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Trout stream on the property, NICE! A friend of ours has a house in Sylva, NC and there is a trout stream that runs by just down the hill from the house, but it's still not on the property. I'm jealous either way!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...