The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 01:28 PM

cpiercem is a name known to allcpiercem is a name known to allcpiercem is a name known to allcpiercem is a name known to allcpiercem is a name known to allcpiercem is a name known to all
Default Took my nephew fishing

My nephew was here for a few days of visiting and fishing. We took him up hiking into a couple of creeks here in Idaho, and since it was still hunting season, we all have bright orange vests on in the pictures. The bright vests made it a bit difficult to not spook every fish within 2 miles, but the fishing was still pretty good anyway....even with that many of us splashing around in the creek. Plus for once I didn't have to man the camera!

Some October caddis were hatching and there were some green bodied hoppers in the grass, so we mostly used stimulators, hoppers, adams, and caddis flies. It was a blast to still have good dry fly fishing this late in the year.

Tom started it off by showing us how it is done at a beaver dam.

Click the image to open in full size.

Unfortunately he also over topped his waders when we tried to get upstream past the beaver pond. There was just no way through the willow jungle at that spot. I must have ribbed him a bit too much about it, because my karma left at the end of the day, and I slid down a bank to take a full side plunge in the creek. It was a wet day but great fun!

More pictures of the mayham:

Total fun for all, and I'll probably be back out there …..somewhere….. soon!

Old 10-24-2011, 01:35 PM

possessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nice
Default Re: Took my nephew fishing

Looks like a fun day.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:41 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

cpiercem: Great trip report and photos, thanks for sharing! Looks like you guys hooked into some very nice trout!

Larry

Old 10-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Good report on the day, Tom needs to always wear chest waders

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-24-2011, 08:55 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

great report and pictures.
thank you for sharing

casey

ARFE
Old 10-25-2011, 08:34 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Great story and pics

Reports like these are always my favorite to read, looking forward to your next one already.

Dave
Old 11-01-2011, 01:14 PM

gjamison is on a distinguished road

that is perfect!