The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree272Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 02:47 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Steelhead Pics

Gator that is a beautiful shot and a magnificent hen! Kudos man!
Old 10-16-2012, 05:57 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

That Puppy Hunts A. J., that Puppy Hunts.

Fred
Old 10-16-2012, 08:27 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Thanks for the compliments guys, takes a bit of the sting out of the swim that followed that fish. I got a little ambitious in some deep wading and had to swim my way to shore... ended up making a fire along the shore and watching my buddy fish for a while. She wasn't a bad way to start the morning though, especially on the swing. More swinging will follow friday, and hopefully so will more fish.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 10-18-2012, 03:57 PM

ben664 is just really niceben664 is just really niceben664 is just really niceben664 is just really nice

Nice fish AJ !

This guy take a streamer ? swinging fishing is like "stripping" a classic streamer, or is it a Spey methode ? (with sink tip line)
Old 10-18-2012, 04:07 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Ben, she took a swung streamer on a lightly weighted line. I had been fishing a tandem rig with the streamer under a nymph with some weight above the nymph. The fish took as the streamer started to swing, as I was starting the presentation as a dead drift and then starting a swing halfway through the drift.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 10-18-2012, 09:19 PM

jmac321 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
Here's a fish courtesy of Lake Erie for your viewing pleasure:
Click the image to open in full size.
I'm not entirely sure I had woke up yet when this photo was taken. Totally worth the pre-class trip out to dilute the work week.
You woke up enough to land that very nice steelie. Very nice fish, I've never had the pleasure of fishing for steelie. Some day soon. Great pic thanks for sharing.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:05 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

I wish to touch a steelie like that someday.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 10-19-2012, 06:41 AM

nockhunter is on a distinguished road

Here is the first my first catch of the fall,,,,,,,,,,,,,I guess shiners like steelhead hammers also. They were a real pain yesterday. The water was low and very clear. Lots of salmon moving through with browns and steelhead right behind them.

Then at the end on my day I hooked this huge hen. I thought that I foul hooked a salmon, until she rolled at the surface,,,,,,,,,,it was game on. She took me for a little ride. Sorry about the net pic, I was by myself and wanted to release her as fast as possible. She felt to be about 15lbs, my biggest to date.

Mike

I can't wat to get back out.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:05 AM

Two morning steelhead before class:

Old 10-25-2012, 07:00 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

Shouldn't you be studying and leaving the fishing up to us AJ? Been out once down here...need rain in a real bad way.