The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree326Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 08:59 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Steelhead Pics

The new layering items showed up in the mail... steelhead beware. Unless I decide to hit some inland trout tomorrow More photos to come! Studying? I do that when I'm not busy fishing

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 10-27-2012, 08:51 PM

nockhunter is on a distinguished road

Nice Steel AJ. I made it out Thursday, after wading through the out of staters, the "drift and lift" aka snaggers, I made my way upstream for a little elbow room to one of my favorite sections of water. I only got one Steelhead hen but what a beauty. If you look closely you can see the stonefly in the corner of the mouth. I was going to to out again Friday but there where too many cars parked. I just didn't feel like fighting my way though them.

Click the image to open in full size.

Mike
mcnerney and stuie675 like this.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:57 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Nice fish Mike! Can definitely see the stonefly even on the smartphone screen. If I'm not out of town next week, lets get out there!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 10-28-2012, 11:00 AM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

After a couple slow days of scouting new water, shiny fish were found.

mcnerney likes this.

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:53 AM

Welcome to the party this year Carl Loving both the fish and the primaloft jacket, both are good things! I need to get me one of those tailing gloves too... I had a fresh fish the other day that was so slick that I could barely tail it.

While they are tiny elements, the eye on that steelhead as well as the blue tones on the belly near the tailing glove are both eye-catching!

Old 11-03-2012, 06:40 PM

kwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to all

Old 11-06-2012, 12:56 AM

bhflyfisher has a spectacular aura aboutbhflyfisher has a spectacular aura about

well this isnt as big as everyone elses, but it is a steelhead. Confirmed by a biologist, but when this little guy hit, i had no doubt it was something different. He was puny but holy **** was he pissed off.

mcnerney likes this.

https://vimeo.com/84991930 - Bull Trout On Mice
Old 11-06-2012, 01:02 AM

Nothing wrong with small fish! He obviously had attitude since he took a fly as big as his head! He's got that steelhead-sized eye as well. Probably had that freight-train hit and was more than willing to get out of the water. Way to get on the board for the season!

Old 11-06-2012, 01:06 AM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwb View Post
[IMG]http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n576/kwboozer/66573_439079709482147_83405196_n.jpg[/MG]
Beautiful and nice Zenith setup to catch that nice fish on.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:18 AM

kwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuie675 View Post
Beautiful and nice Zenith setup to catch that nice fish on.
Thank you very much. Highly impressed with that rod.