The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree272Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 11:36 AM

thorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Steelhead Pics

Wow - GREAT TROUTS Guys, you live in PARADISE

THORSTEN
Old 11-11-2012, 02:22 PM

joebloe has a spectacular aura aboutjoebloe has a spectacular aura aboutjoebloe has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Joe your son is a patient man who was well rewarded! Several guys as well as myself tried to latch in to some trout holding in the far back pool of the UFZ with zero results! Congrats to your boy!
thanks Boz - we were walking out last saturday when he spotted this guy in the backwater shallows and took a few casts - the fish moved to the other side with each cast and I told him to forget it and continued the long walk - he showed up 10 minutes later with these pics - so much for my instincts......
Old 11-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Kory, Carl and Siskiyoublues,, congrats on the beautiful Steelies and some awesome work on the photography! You guys make me jealous!
kwb likes this.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:06 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Here are a few shots from a recent outing. The last 3 shots great shots were taken by Chi flyfisher, kudos man on some great shots!

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:13 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

Here's one from last week.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:14 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Morning chrome, with some photographic help from my buddy (I just push the shutter button usually, while he does things that actually make the photos look good).
mrfzx, milt spawn, jaybo41 and 6 others like this.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 11-20-2012, 03:59 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Another great shot gator! That's a nice hen.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:24 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I just did the catching, my buddy Drew is the photographer. His work is awesome, it's really cool to have a talented photographer who can also fish as a fishing buddy.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 11-22-2012, 11:06 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

Finally got my first steelie on the fly. She wasn't huge but she was the first! I hooked my first one at the end of the season last winter but wasn't able to land it. I have had 6 hook ups this year in 2 outings and finally landed this one.

I got her swinging a white bunny leech towards the end of a riffle. Now it's time to start landing the bigger ones!

Hardyreels, jaybo41 and thorsten like this.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:13 PM

Congrats Brookfield! One or two fish days are good days in my book. Throw size out the window too. Anything is better than getting the skunk