The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree262Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 07:51 PM

tyler185 is just really nicetyler185 is just really nicetyler185 is just really nicetyler185 is just really nice
Default Re: Steelhead Pics

Here is a Lake Champlain steelie....

Click the image to open in full size.

- Tyler

Old 04-09-2012, 12:25 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

A few photos from a day out after steel:
An early male
My buddy was pretty excited when he landed this hen. She was over 35" and quite hefty and hammered a minnow pattern on the swing
Same fish just before release, not bad for a cellphone shot...
And finally my ugly mug with a small fish, breaking in the new rod. It got quite the work-out but it took me a while to finally get a fish landed...

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 04-09-2012, 08:30 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Those are some awesome lookin fish AJ!!

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 04-14-2012, 12:14 PM

joebloe has a spectacular aura aboutjoebloe has a spectacular aura aboutjoebloe has a spectacular aura about

I had a great time landing this very acrobatic steelie - the first one I've seen that has this 'golden' hue -
and here's the first one of the trip landed by my son, Bryan
Old 04-14-2012, 12:35 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Was this another Salmon River run for you guys? Great fish!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 04-14-2012, 03:13 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebloe View Post
I had a great time landing this very acrobatic steelie - the first one I've seen that has this 'golden' hue -
and here's the first one of the trip landed by my son, Bryan
Great Fish Pics and the 'golden one' is something totally new to me. Like .... How????
Old 04-19-2012, 11:40 AM

Not a pic per sé, but a video I snagged with my phOne after chasing this fish downstream (and getting hissed at by an angry Canadian Goose on her nest on the way by...). My apologies for the poor video quality, in the rush to prop the camera up and safely land the fish, I didn't realize there was a stick in the shot which the iPhone chose to focus on. I was throwing a chartreuse and white clouser for bass and I guess the chromer wanted some love

Old 04-22-2012, 02:45 PM

joebloe has a spectacular aura aboutjoebloe has a spectacular aura aboutjoebloe has a spectacular aura about

yep - in Pulaski and Altmar, NY - and the one and only 'golden' steelhead ever!
Old 06-09-2012, 01:11 PM

risenfly is on a distinguished road

Gotta love the pink worm. Erie tribs in PA.

Old 06-09-2012, 03:08 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Steelhead Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
Not a pic per sé, but a video I snagged with my phOne after chasing this fish downstream (and getting hissed at by an angry Canadian Goose on her nest on the way by...). My apologies for the poor video quality, in the rush to prop the camera up and safely land the fish, I didn't realize there was a stick in the shot which the iPhone chose to focus on. I was throwing a chartreuse and white clouser for bass and I guess the chromer wanted some love

Unexpected Steel on Vimeo
Don't sweat the 'stick,' for me just added that extra positive 'tiny touch' as you let him go.

Puppy Hunts.

Fred