The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree266Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 09:23 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Steelhead Pics

Alright guys, I'll kick off the thread for the year chronicling everyone's favorite chrome-skulls, whether salt-fueled or lake-run. I caught my first of the season today, but it was busy doing its best inland small stream rainbow impression. I described it to someone as fitting in the "cute" size class. Nevertheless, it was dime bright and beautiful and got airborne a few times:
Click the image to open in full size.
Hardyreels likes this.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-23-2012, 09:29 PM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

I've been waiting for a friend to get back in town for a pic of my first steelhead of the year...any day now. Been thinking about this thread.

Nothing like seeing that silver to get your heart pumping.

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:34 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Carl, you know I'm always looking forward to seeing more of your photos! I just have to convince my buddies to be as interested in taking fish photos as I am, so that we can do more than your standard grip-and-grins this year.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-24-2012, 11:04 PM

nrp5087 will become famous soon enoughnrp5087 will become famous soon enough

DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH TIPPET hahaha
Old 09-25-2012, 12:59 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

That's a fine start on the season AJ, I would be out chasing them along with everything else save for some flooding

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-25-2012, 10:44 AM

Ard, I'll trade you. Send some of that water down our way, you can have some of our fishing

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be out after the steel again, maybe catch his big brother this time...

Old 09-26-2012, 11:30 PM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

Here's the first of the season for me,
Hardyreels, fysh, mcnerney and 1 others like this.

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:23 PM

Nice fish Carl! I hooked five fish last night, and saw no less than a dozen jumps, but have no photos. It was a bad day to realize my tippet selection was low and that I needed some more of my favorite steelhead hammers... But it was nice to hear the drag sing and see some chrome aiming skyward.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:19 PM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

I posted this on another thread.. but my largest to date:

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...steelhead.html

And the fight of these compared to the Trinity fish I was use to. was unbelievable! Not just bigger.. but feisty!
fysh likes this.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:23 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskiyoublues View Post
Here's the first of the season for me,
Nice colour on that fish; fall has fell. What river were you on?
fae