The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A very cold friday morning

Great to see forum members fishing togetherCongrats AJ!looks like you're learning fast...
Old 10-30-2011, 01:02 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

While I don't smoke cigars, being downwind of the cigar smoke made for a nice aroma while fishing. There's just something very classic about cigars. As for the fish, the steelhead hen that Mike hooked in to did not want anything to do with the net. She ran and ran and ran, and when it looked like she was tiring, she'd come up for air like a tarpon and run again. I just wish it wasn't an hour and a half to get back to that spot, beautiful stretch of water. Once the switch was flipped to "on" and the fish decided they liked what they were seeing, it got even better. It's going to be an interesting transition when I go home to the wide open salt!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 10-30-2011, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

An hour & a half is nothing, go, go soon.

I used to live in Williamsport PA. and would book a cabin for steelhead fishing at The Red Fox Lodge outside Pulaski NY. and stay a week at a time. If I could make the time I went on 2 day trips every other week while the fish were running. I forget the name of the Lodge in PA. out near Elk Creek but they had good rates and when the salmon and steelhead dwindled up north the steelhead were just getting started out west coming from Erie. The trip to the Salmon, Sandy and others took 3 hours and the ride to Elk was more like 3.5 - 4 but I logged many a mile chasing after those fish. If you go often there will come a day when you are the only person on the water, rare but it'll happen.

I'm just happy to see that you guys have met and are getting after them,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-30-2011, 03:18 PM

rockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nice

26 this morning at 0500 hrs. when I left for work.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:34 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

The temps are definitely dropping! But I'll take cold mornings any time if the fishing stays hot

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 10-31-2011, 02:03 AM

nockhunter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Mike what brand of dog turd is that your smoking?
Hey littledave, that would be a Romeo & Julieta. I know I look like a turd salesman with a sample in my mouth. But they sure do smell good. Its one of the few activities where I can enjoy a good smoke.

Mike