The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 07:29 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tickled ... brown?

The brown was not pulled out of Ellicott Creek. If it was, I'd never leave, hahaha. Thanks on all the congratulations, guys!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 11-12-2011, 07:27 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Nice fish, and after seeing those pictures, you sure as hell look alot like I do. haha.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 11-13-2011, 02:00 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

In that case, Geoff, you take the brown photo, I'll take the rainbow photo, and we'll REALLY mess with our fishing buddies, hah!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 11-13-2011, 03:16 AM

jimbojo will become famous soon enoughjimbojo will become famous soon enough

Hahahhaha, I was thinking the same thing. There must be something in your facial types that attracts large trout..

Jimbo
Old 11-13-2011, 07:53 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
In that case, Geoff, you take the brown photo, I'll take the rainbow photo, and we'll REALLY mess with our fishing buddies, hah!
hahahaha nice!! Can I have your place in FL too? I dont feel like waiting the next 5-6 years out til we move there

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 11-14-2011, 10:30 AM

My parents do have a guest-room, and I'm sure that my dad would love to have another fly fisherman around, my fervor for fly fishing has gotten him back into the hobby after almost 20 years. He never stopped fishing, but when he moved to Florida he stopped fly fishing and took up spinning and baitcasting reels and is just now going back. I'm hoping to get to take him fishing for browns and maybe steelhead next fall.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:35 PM

wetboot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
So I listen to the Orvis podcasts and decided to send them a suggestion about what I'd like to hear on the podcast

Hey. great photo and great fish. Congrats on making the blog! I got one of the honorable mentions on that podcast (the topic contest, that is). Still bummed that I didn't get the autographed book, though.

-Rob
Old 11-14-2011, 04:36 PM

Rob, congrats on the honorable mention! I actually made my own suggestion after the contest was over, I just wanted to get one in with the hope that someone could benefit from it. Who knows if it will make it to the podcast, but Tom sent me an email back with some suggestions on fighting steelhead and also a mention about an archived podcast that had some information on fighting fish. I need to track down the archived one... We'll see if this week's podcast makes any mention of tips on fighting fish!

Old 11-26-2011, 12:59 AM

rasputinj is a jewel in the roughrasputinj is a jewel in the roughrasputinj is a jewel in the rough

That brown is a monster, great picture. That is awesome for only fly fishing a few months.

My Guide
Taupo Turangi North Island New Zealand Fly fishing Guide
Old 11-12-2012, 07:08 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

I see you want to be like me AJ...although my fish is not quite as big

http://www.orvisnews.com/FlyFishing/...ook-Trout.aspx
stl_geoff likes this.