The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 05:24 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default New Personal Best

Well im not sure if I will ever be able to top this, but who knows. Check this hog out I caught today.

Click the image to open in full size.

Blonde mohair leech, in a pond. First weekend of the St. Louis Winter trout fishing program. The program is they stock certain ponds at county and state parks with raibows during the winter months and allow for catch and keep and catch and release in them. This fish was out of the catch and release pond so she went back in. Started squirrting eggs as soon as I picked her up. I still cant believe I actually landed it. Finally got to put my Sage TCX/3850CF 5wt to the test and it did not dissappoint

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 11-12-2011, 05:35 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Personal Best

Wonderful Fish

When one catches a magnificent specimen, suddenly the reel is being oiled, the fly tying vise gets a workout and a new increased vigor for fishing overwhelms us.

Congratulations

Dave
Old 11-12-2011, 05:37 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Thanks, it was actually caught on a mohair I tied last night, then proceeded to forget about on the cover of my truck bed and drove off losing it. Oh well.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 11-12-2011, 05:50 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Thats one heck of a rainbow Geoff! She's got quite the jaw on her for a hen too. Not bad at all, I would say!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 11-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Geoff: Congrats on an outstanding Rainbow! Hooking that fish on your mohair leech made it all the better! It's going to difficult to top that fish.

Larry

Old 11-12-2011, 06:04 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Congratz on the hog. That's a heck of a fish.

Yat's Blog: http://pleinaircolorado.blogspot.com/
Old 11-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

WOW!

That is a beautiful trout, I didn't get one that big here all year.

Congratulations,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-12-2011, 06:14 PM

Thanks guys!!! This beat my old best by almost 10" haha

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 11-12-2011, 07:31 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

That is a nice hog, geoff. Grats indeed.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:51 PM

cpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of light

Beautiful! She looks like she has been hiding out in the springs of that pond for a while. Her fins don't look worn down like a recently planted fish. Congratulations on a great fish!