The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2007, 03:48 AM

mammothcracker is on a distinguished road
Default New to this site

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site, and looking forward to reading posts from fly fishers via North America. I live in the Eastern Sierra Range (California), and really have been getting back into flyfishing the past couple of summers. It's a great place to live, and the fishing is incredible. I hope I'll be posting plenty of photo's, as soon as I learn how. Specially one of the elusive Golden Trout that are plentiful around here. Good luck to all and I'll post soon.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:15 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: New to this site

Hi mammothcracker,

Welcome to the forum. I was born and raised in Fresno and have spent a lot of time in the Western Sierras. I love Golden trout and the country they live in. You must be a back packer? Looking forward to your post.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:31 AM
Prospecting for Trout

Piscator will become famous soon enoughPiscator will become famous soon enough

mammothcracker,
Interesting name. What does it mean. Looking forward to seeing you pictures and hearing about you fly fishing trips. You live in some beautiful country.
Thanks,
Terry
Old 06-18-2007, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Welcome to the Group! looking forward to your contributions!

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:03 AM

makubwa is on a distinguished road

Hi and welcome to the site.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:26 PM

truckyfriend is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to truckyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothcracker View Post
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site, and looking forward to reading posts from fly fishers via North America. I live in the Eastern Sierra Range (California), and really have been getting back into flyfishing the past couple of summers. It's a great place to live, and the fishing is incredible. I hope I'll be posting plenty of photo's, as soon as I learn how. Specially one of the elusive Golden Trout that are plentiful around here. Good luck to all and I'll post soon.
Hi mammothcracker, I'm new myself today... just wanted to say hi.

...I'm from Marystown, Newfoundland, Canada... lots of different and beautiful adventures waiting for everyone up here.

I'm new to fly fishing, but not new to fishing, as I am living on an island, it is most of what I did growing up...then my adventures changed and turned into travel with the transport industry.
Now, that I am little older, I am being directed to find relaxation methods and techniques...and I am hoping that fly fishing will do that for me.

I live in an area that has an abundant of rivers, and of course, I am right next to the atlantic salmon region of Canada ...they are awesome up this way, but I have never caught one....and I suppose you could say that that is my goal...however, the ultimate goal, is to learn to relax and slow down and witness life for a change.

So for now, I am going to take my time, learn some of the ropes via some of the posts on here...and google my way to some information.

Glad to be a member, can't wait to fish...might be going out on a nice venture next week just to see the rivers first.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:02 AM

Codester is on a distinguished road

Hey everyone,
I'm new to this site as well and have been lurking for the past couple weeks. I also live in the Eastern Sierra range in a small ski/ fish town, June Lake. I've grown up here my whole life. I was into fishing a lot as a kid, but then when the age limit came to buy a license at 16 years old, I lost interest. Just recently, I bought a license and fell in love with fishing all over again. I started bait fishing at the beginning of the season, caught some BIG trout (one being 7lbs 2oz) and after that, I couldn't stop! I got into fly-fishing about a month ago. Went out and bought a floattube, waders, boots and everything! Man.. and I thought catching fish on a spinning reel was fun.. I can't even go back to my spinning rod anymore! Just started tying flies about a week ago, but can't seem to catch any fish on them yet.. Anyway, good to meet all you guys and I look forward to learning a lot

BTW check out my website at Codester's Trip Reports: Backcountry Skiing, Hiking, and Backpacking
It hasn't been updated in a while; however, I am planning on updating it soon with a whole new fishing section!