The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 04:17 AM

50fish will become famous soon enough50fish will become famous soon enough
Default Spring trip

Looking for some suggestion for a spring trip. A friend and I usually go to northwest MD and fish for 3-4 days every year, fishing the Casselman and savage river in MD, and then go over to PA and fish the Yough and Meadow run. While I enjoy this trip I would like to explore some new water this year. Any suggestions within 6-8 hours of VA-MD border. I live in western VA and he lives in MD.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:03 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spring trip

You are so close to great Bonefish, Tarpon and Permit water, ever tried that? What about Redfish in the LA marshes?
Old 12-31-2011, 02:21 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

West Branch Delaware - 3 hours north of Philadelphia

Addicted To Vise
Old 01-02-2012, 01:30 PM

50fish will become famous soon enough50fish will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vans View Post
You are so close to great Bonefish, Tarpon and Permit water, ever tried that? What about Redfish in the LA marshes?
It would take me atleast 14 hours to get to the LA salt. Plus I don't have the equipment for anything that heavy.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:46 PM

dcr is on a distinguished road

Roscoe, NY. Just over 6 hours from Washington DC. From here you can hit up the East Branch Deleaware, Beaverkill, Willowemoc Creek, and the Little Beaver Kill. I'm making the same trip myself for my birthday in April.

Dave
Old 01-02-2012, 09:34 PM

ope is on a distinguished road

I went to WVU back in the day and am drawn to Wild, Wonderful, West Virginia like a rodent to the pied piper... Lots of possibilities but I'd consider Shavers Fork of the Cheat River. Lots of little streams around as well but I'll never forget the hogs we pulled out of the Cheat near Elkins.

Should be about an hour and a half to two hour ride from Front Royal, VA.

I'm in suburban Va these days but I hit the valley regularly and make WbyGod runs whenever I can...

Ope