The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 11:25 PM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold
Default Rain, rain go away....

One **** of a trip regardless. Fish or no fish, I had a great time hanging out with everyone. I never got the skunk off the entire trip. So no fish pics for me.
Friday afternoon..
Click the image to open in full size.

I wonder why they call them the smoky mountains?

The only thing I caught..

Friday night activities..

A few decided to pass time tying flies...

Saturday was rainy crappy weather that finished off what fishable water wasn't ruined by Friday's rain.....but we still tried

Saturday night was more of the same: drinking, hanging out, and eating good. Grilled amberjack fillets, cocktail sausages, pork loin, boston butt, chili, etc. Woke up Sunday and everybody parted ways. We decided to go up to higher water with hopes that brook trout would cooperate and hopefully the water would be lower and slower....

The water was clear, but the rocks were slicker than owl s%#@ and the water was too fast..

I saw a good pool that I just knew would hold a fish....

...but it didn't. I didn't even see one spook off. So I tried to take an artsy fartsy picture..

The view of the stream from the trail...

We snapped a quick group photo and headed back with the smell of skunk. Had a great time just being outside and hanging out smoking cigars and drinking with the guys. Come spring, I need redemption.........

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
Old 01-22-2012, 11:40 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: Rain, rain go away....

looks like you guys had a great time regardless of the weather
thats a nice selection of whiskeys you guys have as well

casey

ARFE
Old 01-23-2012, 09:46 AM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

Lokks like ya'll had a good time . I feel the same about the rain but we need the water and fishing will be good in the spring but the weekend was a little to wet i was all over North Georgia and the Westren counties in NC sat and the water was muddy high and higher and if it was not dirty it really rolling to the point of not being safe to wade in my area.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:01 AM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Strong liquor ,fine cigars and cool friends ...
Old 01-23-2012, 12:23 PM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

Some really great photos, thanks for sharing. I had similar stats this last weekend but managed to enjoy it all the same.

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:47 PM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimulator2 View Post
Lokks like ya'll had a good time . I feel the same about the rain but we need the water and fishing will be good in the spring but the weekend was a little to wet i was all over North Georgia and the Westren counties in NC sat and the water was muddy high and higher and if it was not dirty it really rolling to the point of not being safe to wade in my area.
We were in Cherokee. Fished some of the streams around there (not tribal waters) and they were all blown out.

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
Old 01-23-2012, 03:53 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Well at least it looks like you guys had a great time despite the wx and no fish. I spent the weekend in Pinedale, it started snowing Friday evening and continued through Saturday. Sunday I walked out to the drift boat to sweep off the snow on top and the snow was up to my knees making walking very difficult. Anyway, if this continues we will have a good water year again come spring! Yahoo!