The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree16Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 05:59 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future
Default Re: A law that needs to be changed?

This is definately one of those "and n'er the twain shall meet" situations. I'm done.
Gary
ddombos2 likes this.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:01 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

The law is the law. If you break it you are not innocent. Gary is right. Second, if you tried to provide an exemption for road kill or "I found it dead", there are dirtbags out there that will exploit that.

On another note, it was not suggested to shut down the thread in order to siffle discussion. It was suggested to do that because fly flinger is a pot stirrer that enjoys the fights he causes. As evidenced by the last few posts.
ddombos2, Vans and gt05254 like this.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:10 PM
Banned

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold

So who has gone fishing recently? I am a bit torn as to where I should go on Friday. On one hand I could head north and throw the two hander again. I could head east and fish a tailwater for bows. Or I could head west and fish a different tailwater for browns...

Decisions, decisions...
Old 01-25-2012, 06:12 PM

ddombos2 will become famous soon enoughddombos2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to ddombos2 Send a message via Skype™ to ddombos2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck s View Post
Sasha--great rundown on the Heron but "seriously," isn't it illegal to copy and post all that without permission? Sort of akin to picking up a stray feather don't you think?
Looks to me like a wikipedia article.

Excerpt from Wikipedia:About

"...Contributions remain the property of their creators, while the CC-BY-SA and GFDL licenses ensure the content is freely distributable and reproducible...."

I did learn something today, so i probably should thank Flyflinger and Chuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
So who has gone fishing recently? I am a bit torn as to where I should go on Friday. On one hand I could head north and throw the two hander again. I could head east and fish a tailwater for bows. Or I could head west and fish a different tailwater for browns...

Decisions, decisions...
I'm partial to streamer fishing browns in the winter, but that is becuase winter steelhead are such a low percentage play.
gt05254 likes this.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:15 PM
Banned

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddombos2 View Post
Looks to me like a wikipedia article.

Excerpt from Wikipedia:About

"...Contributions remain the property of their creators, while the CC-BY-SA and GFDL licenses ensure the content is freely distributable and reproducible...."

I did learn something today, so i probably should thank Flyflinger and Chuck.

Yup you are correct... I was mostly just messing around. The thread seemed a bit dull and all so I figured I'd "spice" things up a bit

Now back to trying to decide where to go fish... Any votes
Old 01-25-2012, 06:21 PM

chuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nice

I also knew that and was just messing around. Here the fishing is great but cutting those long corridors with the chain saw to fly fish is a bear!
Chuck S

"I've traveled many roads and some weren't paved."
Will Rodgers

http://fishing-folks.blogspot.com/
Old 01-25-2012, 06:22 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

"Now back to trying to decide where to go fish... Any votes?"

South Andros, Bahamas. Take me, take me!!!

Gary
Old 01-25-2012, 06:40 PM

FlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enoughFlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enough

I confess! I broke another law. I was coming home, about a mile out of town and saw a vehicle hit and kill a Golden Eagle. There it was in the middle of the road, no visible signs of damage. I thought quickly, turned around and picked it up to prevent it being run over by a set of tires.
I raced for the DOW Office, knowing that if I was caught I would have some explaining to do!
Anyway, I got their, went in and told Niki the situation and what I had in my car! She came and bagged the Eagle and thanked me. I asked what would happen to it and she told me they give them to Native Americans for their Religious rituals, etc.
I broke the law but I saved a beautiful bird from going to waste. I guess some would say I'm a criminal but I'd do it again in a second.
Nothing to do with the thread, but since the subject came up....
Old 01-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

I'd go fish the two-hander myself, especially as close as you are to Steelhead.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 01-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Banned

Yes some of those locations sound nice. However I was thinking for a Friday trip staying a bit more local. You know airports are such a pain these days...

Ok one vote for heading north so far. Any other votes out there?

Also what about you guys. Any spots that you are thinking of going to over the next few days?
Closed Thread