The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 08:31 PM

creeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of light
Default A Fine Day Out....

I was supposed to head up to the Eastern Sierra's with my son this weekend, but Thursday night he snapped his wrist at rugby practice. I mean 'full break- has to see the sports medicine doc' injury. With that, I decided to at least hit my local with my good friend, Sean. It was a good choice.

My local water is a federally designated wild trout stream. A quality fish there is 8-10" and anything above gets a tip of the hat and a cold beer. Today, the stream really gave it up. I was proud to be there when Sean landed a 17" bow- the largest I've seen taken from that watershed. I managed a few 12+ inchers, and all in all, we had a good old time. Here's some pics...

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:57 PM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: A Fine Day Out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeker View Post

I really like the angle on these pics. Sweet fish and looks like a great day!

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
Old 02-12-2012, 09:17 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

nice fish. want to know what my trout streams look like? frozen and no greenery haha

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 02-12-2012, 09:42 PM

auntrout will become famous soon enough

Very nice looking fish. I'm also from So Cal but have never fished any of the local waters, which really limits my time on the water; only a few trips to the Sierras each year and maybe one up to the Kern. Were these fish from the upper San Gabriel River area? Was wondering what local waters may be in my own backyard that I need to start investigating. Thanks.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Creeker: Great trip report and photos! Congrats on the great looking trout! Boy does that stream look fantastic, I can see why you like to fish there.

Larry
Old 02-13-2012, 09:40 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

ice, snow, and sleepy fish here... got 1 bite the other day

Great pics! sunny CA is looking great, I love those clear little rocky streams.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:54 AM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
want to know what my trout streams look like? frozen and no greenery haha
same here
but is always nice to see some fellow flyfisherman getting action
Old 02-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Great report and pics...thanks for sharing....unusually cold here too so no fishing for too weeksreally depressing
Old 02-13-2012, 02:06 PM

crazyfish13 is on a distinguished road

Beautiful fish an nice report! I have to ask Is that a glass rod you are useing? If so more details on it please....

"Me got no house, me all time moving, light fire, make tent, sleep, all time go fish, how have house?

Last edited by crazyfish13; 02-13-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:12 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

A bow that size from there should warrant two of dem beers! Nice! milt.