The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 09:58 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arkansas Rainbow

Great looking Brown Trout, Congrats!

Old 02-20-2012, 10:15 AM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

Looks like you're going to need a bigger net! congrats, nice fish,

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:44 AM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

That is a tank! Nice brown.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:09 PM

bchase58 will become famous soon enough

Thank-you to everyone for not being too harsh with me for incorrectly labeling my fish. I feel dumb for making the mistake but know I see what you were all talking about. Someone asked what I caught it on; I was using a 4wt with 6x. I caught this fish on my own variation of an egg pattern (Pearl white), most nervous fight I have had yet on a fly rod.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:36 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

I bet it was quite the tussle on a 4wt. Welcome to the forum and no one around here is going to jump on your case for an honest mistake. The nice thing about this forum is we are all (mostly) well behaved and helpful.

Look out for Hardyreels though, he has a habit of making great threads that are helpful and generate a lot of traffic.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

That's a beautiful browncongrats!
Old 02-20-2012, 05:14 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting, when you described the fish to me I imagined it would be a lot bigger than that... Kidding

Since Ryan is going to be busy we should take my kayaks out this coming weekend...You game for it?

Dave

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Sent you a PM concerning this coming weekend.

Dave
Old 02-21-2012, 08:09 AM

willki is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaksi View Post
I thought so too, but didn't want to be the one to say it. I had actually typed "It looks like a brown trout to me.", but being the first one to reply, I did not want to diminish his pride in sharing a great catch (plus, I'm new to the forum...) - It's a nice fish, regardless.
Ha - that was exactly my thought!

heck of a fish!