The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 08:09 PM

kuka will become famous soon enough
Default Patagonia -Argentina ... Malleo river

Hello friends, here I have some photos of Malleo river, and the black bridge on river Chimehuin
regards
Martin "kuka"

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:13 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all
Default Re: Patagonia -Argentina ... Malleo river

Nice Dude!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 08:23 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Kuka...cool name, does it have a meaning? Great pics and looking forward to seeing more PLUS some stories of your fishing adventures.

Thanks for sharing

Dave
Old 03-02-2012, 06:56 AM

DAVE..
JA JA JA , kuka is my nickname, in my years of agility was a good surfer ... and my friends called me cockroach, was modified and I am kuka ...
I can tell you of this river Malleo ... is a river which rises in Lake Tromen border with Chile, under the Lanin volcano you can see in the pictures is approx .. 25 miles of travel by private ranches and reservations "Mapuche" Indians .. It has a top, the better, within private land, ranch St. Hubert, here it is not necessary that you are in the lodge to fish ... but you have to like a lot of walking .. is very difficult to wade .. has big stones where they hide big browns and rainbows. Long pools and runners with lots of vegetation on the coast ..
The lower zone near its end in Alumine river, is more calm and easy, but fishing pressure has increased ... is the area of ​​reserves indias.tambien have good fish with big surprises in the months of March and April
Malleo is a very technical river, especially for small dry flies and nymphs ..
Anytime you come and you can make a good fishing in this area of Patagonia (Chimehuin, Malleo, Alumine, Collon Cura, etc etc) and I do a roast "ASADO" for you ​​
Very cheap ... jajaaa and exchange to fulfill my dream of someday fish steel heads ..

hug

Old 03-02-2012, 09:03 AM

rockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of light

Looks beautiful and the Asado using an open fire is almost too good to pass up.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Martin: Good to see you posting again, I just love your photos of Argentina and the Malleo River. Boy does that bridge look scarey, is that just a walking bridge or can you drive a car across? Great looking rainbows, congrats!

Old 03-02-2012, 11:14 AM

Hi Larry ...I do not think anyone risking falling to Chimehuin. with his truck .. scary cross it on foot. It's a great part of the river.
just before I take that photo, 4 rafts occupied by USA boys were fishing ..
Here I send you some pictures of his colleagues in Chimehuin, and photo on the territory of Mapuche Indian reservations Malleo River.
When you come to catch a wild trout in Argentina
Saludos

Martn

Old 03-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Martin: That was great, loved the photo with the drift boat!

Old 03-04-2012, 09:36 PM

bxv is on a distinguished road

unreal, i need to go there
Old 03-04-2012, 10:56 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Great pics Kuka, thanks a ton. Someday....