The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 09:47 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Short notice, though not necessarily urgent...

I will be on the road to the Midwest Fly Expo tomorrow in Warren, MI. Barring delays on the road or at the border, I should be at the Samia/Port Huron crossing around noon, and looking to get in a quick fishing session. Anyone interested in either a quick fishing session or giving away your most secret honey holes for either steelhead or inland fish in that area? I'm kidding about the second part, but if overwhelming kindness sweeps over you and you feel like giving up a spot or two, I'd be willing to donate gratuitous amounts of beer, tied flies, or a trade for a spot or two in the Buffalo area. I have been told of one spot which is where I'm going to head to, unless I hear otherwise before tomorrow. I'm ok with anything from this:
Click the image to open in full size.
to this:
but I'd even be happy with this:

In addition to the brief excursion, I will be at the Midwest Expo both Saturday and Sunday, looking forward to meeting up with a few fellow NAFFFers!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 03-09-2012, 12:15 PM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Short notice, though not necessarily urgent...

I do like those rainbow trout croakies in the first pic, I went with the brown trout ones!

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
Old 03-09-2012, 12:20 PM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice
Default Re: Short notice, though not necessarily urgent...

AJ you got to make it over to the best coast!

Steelheader's Anonymous.