The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2007, 09:08 AM

darkcahill is on a distinguished road
Default Tigers

Don't know how many of you have the chance to fish for Tiger Trout but they sure are fun. Went out the other day and landed 14, the smallest was 20 and the biggest was 23 inches. It was a remarkable day.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:09 AM

Default Re: Tigers

Forgot the picture.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi darkcahill,

Thanks for the picture. That is a nice trout. What flies are you catching them on? I noticed you are sitting nice and high in your tube. What tube is that?
Old 09-17-2007, 10:30 AM

Silver Doc is on a distinguished road
Re: Tigers

The first tiger trout I caught was on the Little J here in PA several years ago. Kind of rare, but a heck of a fighter. I believe it is a cross between a brown and a brookie.?? or a rainbow.?? Would love to know where you are that you hit so many. They give a good fight. The size I caught was not near as big as what you've caught. I think also they are sterile and therefore don't reproduce. Nice photo. Frank
Old 09-17-2007, 01:30 PM

The float tube is a Fish Cat IV and has been great for tubing.
The fish were caught in my home province of Manitoba in the Parkland region.(west side of the province) Every year we have anglers coming from N. Dakota, Montana, Utah, and other northern states to fish. There are numerous lakes that are stocked and the nice thing about this stocking program is the fish average 2 1/2 pounds of growth per year. The Tigers in the pic are only 3 years old. Just wait for another year or two. Some monsters will be caught.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Those are such cool looking fish.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.