The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 11:03 AM

ckalanik is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Browns wonts bite

Ive had a similar problem on my home stream in maryland. Try and attractor pattern. My favorite is the Zonker, white would probably be best for your particular situation if its deeper water. Just try and get some bright and rediculous looking streamers and they usually do the trick. good luck!
Old 03-22-2008, 08:23 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

You may want to give them a try around last light. Big brownies hunt at night. You just might get lucky and catch them outside their safe zone just before dark or right at first light in the morning.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 03-22-2008, 09:19 PM

yankees12 is on a distinguished road

Man I still cant get those big ones to hit, I just see them and them swim around non-chalantly. I want to catch them . Atleast I am catching some small ones, for practice and when I get a little better hopefully I will catch them. I think I may use a bright beadhead wollybuggger, at the time non of my flies could get down deep enough because they are situated in an area that is deep but the current is pretty strong. Next weekend I will get them..........Hopefully
Old 03-22-2008, 09:20 PM

yankees12 is on a distinguished road

Man I still cant get those big ones to hit, I just see them and them swim around non-chalantly. I want to catch them . Atleast I am catching some small ones, for practice and when I get a little better hopefully I will catch them. I think I may use a bright beadhead wollybuggger, at the time none of my flies could get down deep enough because they are situated in an area that is deep but the current is pretty strong. Next weekend I will get them..........Hopefully
Old 03-22-2008, 09:34 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

When you have trouble getting down deep try throwing a lot of line mends back up into the current. Lead the fish as much as the situation allows and keep that line slack. Also leave about a 3 inch tag end on the leader where you tie on your tippet and attach a split shot to the tag end. go as big as you need.

Keep at them. you'll figure it and they won't know what hit em!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures