The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 09:14 PM

franzenangler will become famous soon enoughfranzenangler will become famous soon enough
Default What? Undesignated Water?

Man what an awesome stream, undesignated, little pressure, and 10 minutes from my house. It runs through a bunch of farmland and I was glad I made the decision to fish it today with the couple hours I had. I got there around 6:15pm and was rigged up and in the water by 6:30. I was throwing my three weight and nothing but a pink weenie the whole time. Here are some picks to tell the story.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:42 PM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all
Default Re: What? Undesignated Water?

Dude that is awesome water! Looks like it was a blast! Great pictures.

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...
Old 07-12-2010, 10:31 PM

cnanoski has a spectacular aura aboutcnanoski has a spectacular aura about

I need a pink weenie!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Chris: That looks like a great little stream, and the best part it is close to your house. You've been getting into some nice fishing this summer, congrats!

Larry
Old 07-13-2010, 05:21 AM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

10 minutes away is great. Looks like someone climbed in a tree for the one picture. My closest trout waters is 90 miles.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:31 AM

franzenangler will become famous soon enoughfranzenangler will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw355 View Post
10 minutes away is great. Looks like someone climbed in a tree for the one picture. My closest trout waters is 90 miles.
Nope not a tree. It was a bridge that goes up to a couple multi million dollar houses.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Chris,

Nice find, I would wear camo and try not to let people see me fishing there. Mum's the word when you find an overlooked stream. Don't talk about it or you will have company next time you fish.

I used to hide my truck and take a small hike to fish one of my best spots in Pennsylvania. Wearing camo helped to ensure that anyone (fishermen) driving by on the road that lead up the mountain wouldn't see me fishing it. I enjoyed almost privet fishing right up to the week I moved away. I miss that stream.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-13-2010, 01:13 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

That's a good idea when wearing camo at places where you don't want people to see you fishing. I guess I better stop wearing my Margaritaville or Magnum PI type shirts.

MP
Old 07-13-2010, 02:39 PM

Brewmaster is just really niceBrewmaster is just really niceBrewmaster is just really niceBrewmaster is just really nice

The camo is a great idea. Question - what does "undesignated" mean?

I know what the word means, but how is it applicable to a trout stream?

Thanks,
Old 07-13-2010, 02:49 PM

Here in NC we have small triangular signs on the trees, for example Catch and Release, Wild Water, and Hatchery Supported. This stream has no sign so everyone over looks it, it's also a stream the NCWO hasn't discovered as a wild stream.