The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Mnflyfish

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 07:53 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice
Default nice nite to fish

So I came home after work to find a house full of in-laws, so was a great time to head to the creek. In one spot was some activity, so i tried a para adams...nothing....tried a regular adams with the same result. Tried a BWO and got a couple hits, then lost it on a tree branch in the water, so then tied on a para BWO and wow! Action!
Click the image to open in full size.
it was a great fight!
caught it the pool on the left of the brush dam along with 2 others a little smaller
caught one here also, right off the road.
All in all a great 90 minutes!! Even my casting was in good form, with tighter loops and better presentations.
milt spawn and ted4887 like this.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:56 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: nice nite to fish

That beaver dam looks awfully familiar!
Old 05-10-2012, 10:22 PM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light

Looks like a good evening to fish.

P.s. you'll be updating that reel in a couple of days. its going out in the mail tomorrow.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:57 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted4887 View Post
That beaver dam looks awfully familiar!
im willing to bet you have been there! does a minimum maintanence road loaded with BIG potholes sound about right?

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SdDryFly View Post
Looks like a good evening to fish.

P.s. you'll be updating that reel in a couple of days. its going out in the mail tomorrow.
cant wait....thats the rod its goin on.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:48 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Sounds like some good detective work to finally arrive at some fish! Fun looking water you have there, seeing obstructions like that beaver dam shouts "Big brown" for sure!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 05-11-2012, 04:07 PM

not really, its a local stream and ive been fishing off and on there since i was old enough to hold a fishin pole (over 30 years!). I bowhunt there, hope to be turkey huntin there tonight and tomorrow. I need to explore upstream some, havnt done that for years.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:58 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

As far as the detective work, I meant with fly selection! And wish you good luck with the gobblers! I haven't done much hunting lately due to too much fishing!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...