The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 01:32 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of
Default Low Battery

Well on Friday i took off from work to take the last turkey hunt my son and i would do for the year and it was a bust but we had a good time,when we got home i told him i was going to drive out to the lake and fish the river and stay at the camper there and he said when he got done working he would come out that he wanted to fish on saturday morning but had to leave by 10am to get back to go to his senior prom.So i went on to fish the evening hatch.Well when i get to the river where i usually fish the land owner had it posted saying to call for permission and i had fished here for 18yrs. when i tried to call i got no answer so went on to my other spot.Well i was early so i made myself just fish real slow and with no fish for an hour i was glade to see a few bugs.Things really picked up around 6 and i caught several fish including alot of picture worthy fish except i ran off with out my camera.Well i had a nice fish on and lost it and then got a 13" wild rainbow with a red stripe that was awesome so i decide to use the old trusty cell phone camera.Well when i open it the LOW BATTERY was on and would not activate the camera so i could take no pics of the outing. Well thats how it goes sometimes i guess i do have the memories.The next mornig was not a success as we caught few fish and all were small,but it was a good time.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:15 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Low Battery

If you were out of cell range, some of the phones (especially the older ones) will continually actively scan for a network, sucking down battery life quickly. If I know that I'm going to be out of range, I shut my older, less-than-smart phone off until back in-range.

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky