The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2007, 03:34 PM

ZGreenlee is on a distinguished road
Default Big Lake Trout... favorite flies?

Every year, right after Christmas, my brother and I head to one of our favorite winter fishing spots to try out our new fishing gear and, in the isolation, have the opportunity to screw around with different techniques and fly creations without drawing condescending stares from other anglers. Our favorite is a well-known trophy trout lake located in Merced county in the foothills of the Sierras. During the winter, it stays nice a cold and there is little pressure over the holidays.

We've got a few favorite patterns that we like to double-haul way the heck out into the deep water, mostly streamers.

I was just wondering what favorite patterns you use for big lake trout. The stranger and more unique, the better!

I mostly use my 9' 6/7wt rod with all different types of line from floating to fast sinking.

Tight lines!

Zach
Old 02-29-2008, 10:17 PM

06 KJ Sport is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Big Lake Trout... favorite flies?

Could use a few good new lakes and streams to fish at if you are intrested in telling anybody.... I like to fish the Upper and Lower Truckee along with Boca/Stampede Lake, Frenchmans, Bucks, Davis and a few other lakes thru out the area. Its also time to come over to Pyriamd Lake for the large Cutthroats that will begin to spawn soon