The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 02:42 PM

aglohm4 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Best Time Fishing in Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimulator2 View Post
Mine girlfriend fishes with me and she is getting pretty good at it .It's great thatr you got her out and fishing with you.
Yeah, it's pretty sweet - we're going home to FL for a week this Saturday, and usually she's the lookout while I'm sight-fishing snook and reds... I'm thinking the roles are going to be reversed this time...
Old 05-21-2012, 04:17 PM

Mnflyfish is a jewel in the roughMnflyfish is a jewel in the roughMnflyfish is a jewel in the rough

Thats awsome! I wish my wife would show some interest, even if it was to just go along and watch sometime.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:29 PM

riverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really nice

That's a great story and some beautiful scenery. You just might have a lifelong fishing partner now.
Congrats to her, and you.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:15 PM

attila will become famous soon enough

I think you caught a keeper there
Old 05-30-2012, 09:40 AM

joebloe has a spectacular aura aboutjoebloe has a spectacular aura aboutjoebloe has a spectacular aura about

Nice.. is that a Long Island stream?
Old 05-30-2012, 02:30 PM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

We had a similar experience lately. My girlfriend realized that fishing was a lot more fun than just coming along with a book. Longest time we have ever spent together at a stream! I got her a small box, nippers, forceps, and some flies so she can be self sufficient. (last thing she wants is my help!)
She got her first trout on a black wooly and has been playing with my 3wt and 5wt. And now she took my 7wt to Florida with my bonefish flies
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:54 PM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future

Always took girlfriends and wives fishing . Lotta fun. Looks like you had an awesome day. That looks like your fishing either the Carmens or the Nissequoge! Great fisheries!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 09-10-2012, 08:10 PM

robbyz5001 is on a distinguished road

Is that a Heptigeneidae?
Old 09-11-2012, 02:37 AM

cjhj11 is on a distinguished road

Looks like you had wonderfull time with your girlfriend.
It's very nice when you have someone close to you to fly-fish togeder, even if begginer, anyone who has passion for fishing can become your partner for life.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:08 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Aglohm, you're a lucky man (until she starts coming along all the time and you really just want that day alone, like Dennis was saying, but even then it's still a fishing buddy so it's not all bad). I'm working on long-term psychological warfare to get my fiancee into it, but she's a diehard saltwater fisherman and I haven't been able to fully convince her to make the transition yet... She made some statement about needing waders for fishing in NY the other night though... I think the campaign may be swinging in my favor.

TB, I know exactly what you mean about the self-sufficiency bit, offering to help can be downright dangerous at times...

Great post Aglohm, where in Florida is home for you? I'm from Sarasota, I always look forward to heading home for snook, redfish, and more recently tarpon.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...