The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 06:14 PM

pab1 is a jewel in the roughpab1 is a jewel in the roughpab1 is a jewel in the rough
Default 25" Rainbow and a 24" Football

I only caught two fish today but they were both beauties. The wind was howling early in the day. After an hour or so I caught this 25" rainbow on a Clouser Minnow.

Click the image to open in full size.

After a couple hours with no action the wind finally let up. I moved to a different spot and hooked this 24" football of a rainbow on an articulated streamer. This was a heavy fish with a very wide back. I should have got a girth measurment. I was near shore on the first fish so I was able to use the cameras self timer. I was a ways out on the second fish so I just snapped a pic in the net.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:21 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of
Default Re: 25" Rainbow and a 24" Football

Great looking fish! That 2nd one was a fatty.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold

Damn, that is a hog of a bow. Nice work...

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 05-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Great looking fish, congrats! The perserverance in the wind paid off.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:40 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Hot damn, pab! G-Town?

I forgot to tell you, I was on Flint Ck on opening weekend and had caught a few small browns but then nothing on my way back to the road...there were a couple nice little holes and I really wanted to catch one more fish. I tied on the slump buster from the small streamer swap and nailed a couple more little brownies...they loved it! Thanks.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:58 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

XL and XXL! Well done! milt.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:17 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

OInk Oink OInk
Old 09-10-2012, 08:07 PM

robbyz5001 is on a distinguished road

Beautiful fish. Hell of a trip
Old 02-23-2013, 01:52 PM

kicker19 has a spectacular aura aboutkicker19 has a spectacular aura aboutkicker19 has a spectacular aura about

I refer to those as "bruisers". solid catches !!!
Old 02-23-2013, 02:00 PM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

Good lord that thing is a chunk!