The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 04:55 PM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light
Default Had a good day off

Hit the water again today looking to get my first 20/20. Well, that didn't happen, but I did catch several fish, including a tagged 19 inch rainbow. Pretty sure this is my biggest fish on a fly rod, it is for sure the most memorable. I am submitting the tag to the game and fish and should have some more information on the fish in a couple of days. Here are a few pictures of my day.

Click the image to open in full size.

Here is the big bow, you can see the tag up by his dorsal fin
Old 06-06-2012, 07:19 PM

steve_eth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Had a good day off

Great looking bow!! Post back what they say on the tag, area looks great as well!
Old 06-06-2012, 07:31 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

That is one big 'Bow you landed! The coloration of that Brown in the 3rd picture is just gorgeous. Not that the rest of them are shabby by any standard. Congrats, looks like a great day on the stream.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:47 PM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all

Nice fish! That is definitely a nice day off!!!

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...
Old 06-06-2012, 11:32 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

All these browns are KILLING me. I can't catch one to save my life. Everytime i fish with/near someone they always hook into a brown and I just can't do it.

I hate you guys.. not really, but seriously.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:27 AM

pab1 is a jewel in the roughpab1 is a jewel in the roughpab1 is a jewel in the rough

Congrats, that sounds like a great day!
Old 06-07-2012, 05:13 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, you landed some really nice trout, love the coloration on those browns. Hope you find out what they say about the tag.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:25 PM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer09 View Post
All these browns are KILLING me. I can't catch one to save my life. Everytime i fish with/near someone they always hook into a brown and I just can't do it.

I hate you guys.. not really, but seriously.
I feel your pain buddy!

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SdDryFly View Post
Absolutely gorgeous brown!

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
Old 06-07-2012, 12:42 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold

Great pics, thanks for sharing....
You have motivated me to get out tomorrow to wet a line.

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 06-07-2012, 03:55 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

Well you have made me want to skip work and go fishing.Those are some nice fish..