The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 11:43 AM

fishordie is on a distinguished road
Default Monster Day on the Clark Fork

G'day all though it is actually evening,

Here in Montana it is actually still day light as it will be until about 10 or 10:30. We just got off the Clark after another Epic day with our friend and guide extraordinaire John Herzer of Blackfoot River Outfitters in Missoula. The last 3 days were my son Justin's first fly fishing experience and he "Roped Em". Big Healthy fish using just about every technique in the book. Streamers to dries, Dry-droppers to double nymph rigs he got a taste of everything. 3 days and 3 different rivers. Talk about being spoiled..... But he is hooked..... Hook, Line and Sinker. Heck, he wants to fish more tonight. For those looking for one of the best fly fishing guide services anywhere in the world you do not have to look much further than Blackfoot River Outfitters.

Justin and I have been in my favorite town in the world for the last 4 days and everything has been amazing. Since this was a father-son deal and would be a whirlwind for us so I did not even make time for a drink with my numerous friends who live here. Though Justin has fished with me his entire life he never seemed to want to fly fish. Clearly not the case any more and I could not be happier. Almost makes an old man want to cry.

Big Cutties, Cut Bows, Browns, Bullies, Bows, just an entire assortment pack.

I will try and post some pictures later as John will send some to us and probably will post one or two on their website.

Missoula Montana.. Eden or Heaven??? Pick one.

Jamie
Old 07-02-2012, 02:05 PM

hawkeyeflyfisher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Monster Day on the Clark Fork

I will be anxiously awaiting the pics! sounds like a great father-son bonding moment, I know I cherish the float trip that my dad brought me along with on the Yellowstone
Old 07-02-2012, 02:54 PM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold

This could be epic. I am anxiously awaiting the pics as well.

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
Old 07-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing like a great fishing trip with your son, congrats! Looking forward to seeing your photos.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:19 PM

freebird630 will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: Monster Day on the Clark Fork

one of those life long memory makers and I can't wait to see the pictures.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:57 PM

hawkeyeflyfisher is on a distinguished road

Any pics yet by chance?