The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cochise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 07:17 AM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of
Default Dolo, Late June 2012.

The flows were a lot lower than the last couple of years but there was enough water in the river to fish. I was surprised by the quality of the fish in such a small river. The fish were fat and healthy.

I did not see another angler the entire day fishing on a Saturday. I drove into any and every spot and never encountered a person on the river.

The road and camping spots are in excellent shape. I started with buggers, went to dries on a good PMD hatch, switched to emergers and then back to buggers to end the day. Fish were consistent all day long.

There is about 13-15 miles of fishable water and I caught fish all the way down to the bridge. Water temp was a little warm down low and I saw more little fish but it was still adequate.

Fish were hidden very well in the small river and when I thought there were no fish I was commonly wrong.

Too many fish to count. Here's some pics.
Click the image to open in full size.
milt spawn likes this.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Dolo, Late June 2012.

Beautiful fish and the sunny weather makes me a bit envious............

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-16-2012, 12:39 PM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Dolo, Late June 2012.

Nice job. I love brown trout, and those are some fine specimens!

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur