The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 09:05 AM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light
Default Trip to the Bighorns (pics)

Just thought I would share some pictures of my buddy and I's trip to the bighorns this past monday. I am not going to bog the thread down with word, so enjoy the pictures.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:52 AM

texastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Trip to the Bighorns (pics)

thanks for the great pics. I wish that only fragment of Texas looks like where you fished.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:13 AM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute

Nice photos. It is too hot for trout fishing in Wisconsin and your photo montage was the next best thing to being on your trip. Thank you very much for posting.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 07-25-2012, 11:35 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, very nice work on the photos and those Cutties looked awesome!

Old 07-25-2012, 12:16 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Wow, quite the locations there! I feel like I say it a lot but I really need to get out west... How long is the rod you're using in the last photo? Maybe it's the perspective but it looks pretty big.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 07-25-2012, 12:19 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

What a great trip! I have to find a way to get there! Thanks...-Mike
Old 07-25-2012, 02:45 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
How long is the rod you're using in the last photo? Maybe it's the perspective but it looks pretty big.
That's what she said...

Kidding.

Nice pics!
Old 07-25-2012, 05:18 PM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light

only a 9 ft rod, but i'm guessing it's the line that makes it look longer
Old 07-26-2012, 06:01 AM

cochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant future

Spectacular setting and some very healthy fish. Love it!
Old 07-26-2012, 01:32 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

It must be that the loop in the line then that made it look longer. And Greg, I knew I was walking into that one...

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...