The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2012, 09:37 PM

hillbilly rick is on a distinguished road
Talking Help with Pacific Northwest

This Sept. I'll be heading to Marysville Wa. I'll have my 9' 7wt fly rod in tow. I fished the Sound with my brother(he lives there) around Kayak point, 2 years ago and we caught nothing. The humpies were running and it seemed everyone caught lots, except us I'm sure we started too late in the day, most guys said they caught theirs in the first two hours.
My bro' is NO fisherman, he only goes when I go with him, so he's been twice. This is the blind leading the blind. I fish about 100 days a year at home, but this isn't gonna be Ozark bass fishin'. Only fishing the area twice, I have no idea what streams are wade-able, flies to use, leaders tippets etc. I use 7wt weight forward floating SA aircell line. Salmon would be nice, but I know there are many other cold water species and I have no preference, just to catch something. Maybe I can get the bro' interested in goin' on his own if he catches fish. I've only been fly fishing for a year, so I'm pretty new at this.
Any help and advice is greatly appreciated,
Rick